Friday, June 28, 2013

Feature and Follow (3)


This is a weekly event hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read that is meant to be a way for bloggers to increase followers and make friends.

My preferred following method? I prefer to have followers through Bloglovin' or email.

This weeks Question:

Q: What is your preferred reading format? Hardcover, eBooks, paperback etc?

A: Honestly, I'm not sure. Each format has it's benefits and drawbacks, but as of right at the very moment, I've been reading most of my books on my kindle. Because of that, I would have to say I prefer ebooks. My other favorite is hardcover because, as much as I like ebooks, I really like having a physical copy of my favorite books.

Here are some of the things I like about each format:

Ebooks
  • They're quicker to access (no shipping costs).
  • They cost less (most of the time).
  • They take up less space.
  • I don't have to hold back the pages in order to read.
  • When I go to college in about a about a year, I can take a bunch of books with me. 
Hardcovers
  • I can see and feel the cover.
  • I can hold the actual book and flip through the pages better than on an ebook.
  • They look nicer. 
  • Covers don't bend like paperbacks do.
  • I can let my friends borrow them.

Thanks for dropping by my Feature and Follow! 

Also, just in case you're interested, I started my first giveaway today. It's for a dystopian kindle ebook called Sunset Rising. Go here to enter.

11 comments:

  1. I really like how you set this up!! I definitely agree with your points.
    Usually I buy paperbacks and ebooks, but when I do get a hardback it's like a nice treat for me!

    New follower via Bloglovin :)
    My FF- http://angelica-2009.blogspot.com/2013/06/feature-and-follow-3.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!

      I totally agree with hardcovers being a nice treat. I don't buy them very often, but when I do, they're the special ones. I usually buy books from my favorite authors in hardcover because I want them to be special.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm following you via gfc and bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for coming over :) more formats more choice!

    new follower on twitter, GFC and GR.

    http://guiltlessreading.blogspot.ca/2013/06/feature-and-follow-friday-book-blogger_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good points! In my opinion, hardcover and paperbacks are untouchable lol because it's such a valuable and special feeling of holding the book in your hands, that "new book smell", turning the pages, everything! Ebooks do have their pros, I will admit. New follower via GFC and bloglovin'!
    My follow friday:
    http://understandingshaestory.blogspot.com/2013/06/follow-friday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your points. I like both ebooks and real books :)

    My FF:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/feature-and-follow-friday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. What you stated about hardcovers and ebooks is true and while I do read books in both formats, I'll always prefer physical copies better. New follower via Bloglovin!

    Feature and Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like hardcovers. :) I just can't stand reading ebooks, but I agree with your points!

    New follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent points! And very true about bringing a lot of books to college on an ereader.

    Thanks for stopping by; following you back via bloglovin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely loving the Disney quote! Thanks for the follow, I'm following back on Bloglovin'. I agree with some of your points on the pros of both, but I will always love physical copies more than ebooks in the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with the things you like about both of those formats. I prefer paperback, though, even though I read most of the time on my Kindle. :D Thanks for stopping by my FF! Old follower by Bloglovin. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.