Friday, June 21, 2013

Feature & Follow (2)


This is a weekly event hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read that is meant to be a way for bloggers to increase followers and make friends.

My preferred following method? I prefer to have followers through Bloglovin' or email because I've heard weird things about GFC lately. 

This weeks Question:
Q: Share your favorite literary quote!

I'm not choosing a quote from an actual book; instead, I'll share with you my favorite quote about reading. Actually, I based the title of this blog off of this very quote, and you can find it at the top of this blog. 

I first read this quote in eighth grade. It was on a certificate that I got for participating in Battle of the Books. We had one team of two competing, and my partner my a sixth grader that I didn't know very well. We kind of sucked at the competition, but the real fun was in the prep for it: reading the whole list of books given to us to read. I think it was ten books in all (including Treasure Island), and I enjoyed most of them. When I got that certificate with the quote on the bottom of it, I decided right then and there that it was one of my favorite quotes ever. 

Here it is:


















Well, that's my favorite. What's yours? 


15 comments:

  1. Very lovely quote, and it is true!

    My FF:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/feature-and-follow-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. i <3 walt disney and i really like that quote.

    we're now following you via bloglovin'

    our blog. we hope you follow too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I am a new follower vis bloglovin. Nice quote. I'm glad you shared it with us.

    Here is my FF http://between-my-lines.blogspot.gr/2013/06/feature-and-follow-16-literary-quote.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Disney! I'm a total Disnerd as well as a Disney Child!

    Followed!

    My feature... Don’t forget to follow!

    - Nova @ Musings of a Blogder

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome quote!
    new follower via gfc and bloglovin :)
    here's our FF

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quote! =)

    Old follower

    Here's my FF: http://ashleysbookcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool quote! Thanks for sharing. :)

    New GFC and Bloglovin Follower.
    Here's my #FF.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this quote. Thanks for sharing.
    New follower on bloglovin'

    Linsey @ mybooksnthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a really great quote and Disney is just awesome!

    New Follower!
    My Feature and Follow

    Vikki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Walt Disney is awesome!

    Old follower!

    Thank you for stopping by my Feature & Follow Friday post.

    Happy reading and have a great weekend!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice quote! I have way too many favourite quotes that I can't choose just one! Here's one of my favourite Sherlock Holmes quotes though:

    “It may be that you are not yourself luminous, but that you are a conductor of light. Some people without possessing genius have a remarkable power of stimulating it."

    I just love it! Even if it is a backhanded compliment of sorts :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that quote <3 thanks for stopping by all we have is stories. Following you back on bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great quote! thanks for stopping by. I'm following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect quote and so true!
    Old Bloglovin' follower :D
    My FF @ Donnie Darko Girl

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.