Monday, June 10, 2013

Musing Mondays ~ What I'm Currently Reading

Musing Mondays is a meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Here is what it is:

"Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…

• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!"

For my first week participating in this meme (or any meme), I have chosen to tell you a little bit about the book I'm currently reading.


Waiting for Mercy by Shannon Dermott

Goodreads description:

What do you do when you've been to hell and back, literally? For Mercy, it meant the beginning of the end for everything. Love, Happiness, Life. 

When the people important to her are thrown into danger and she is forced to choose who to save, what will Mercy do? When the demon within her has its own agenda, going to new lengths to fulfill it, how will she cope? And when a new nemesis arrives, with a sole focus to take what belongs to her, how will she survive?

Some situations make you stronger, some make you weak. She used to run from confrontation but the need to uncover secrets will harden her resolve to make new choices. 

In the end, someone else will suffer the consequences. Who will be burned by her very existence? And what will become of everything she holds dear?

Mercy’s life wasn't easy before and things aren't getting easier now.

This is a young adult paranormal romance novel.

Why am I reading it?

This book was chosen for me by a partner on a reading challenge on the !YA Heroines! Goodreads group.

How far am I?

I am currently 46 percent through the book. 

What do I think of it so far?

Here are a few random thoughts that pop into my head while I'm reading this book:
  • Why does Mercy have so many guys interested in her?
  • When will something more interesting happen?
  • Why can't one of those guys become more interested in someone else than Mercy?
  • I am feeling a little bored.
  • Finally, here is something that doesn't have to do with Mercy's love life. 
I read Beg for Mercy last year, and I absolutely loved it. It kept me interested the entire way, and left me wanting to read more. I bought the sequel soon after, but I haven't actually picked it up to read until now. This book currently has a 4.29 rating on Goodreads, and, based on what I've read, I'm wandering what I'm missing out on. It should be a great book, right? I loved the first book, and a lot of people obviously loved the second one, yet I'm fixated on the "too many guys" part. I can handle love trianglesI actually like it when they're really good onesbut I don't like it when there is more than that many possible love interestsand this book has four at (at least) the moment. 

I'm really hoping I will like the book more as I read onward. The place I'm at now shows a glimmer of hope, so the book should be improving soon. 


4 comments:

  1. someone sure is popular among the guy... lol

    i can handle lovve triangles but annoyed, and possibly, jealous when a female character have lots of guys falling for her, i mean, why cant i have that many guys begging for me to date them?

    my musing mondays post:
    http://wp.me/p3v5T1-4J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kaitlin! Just wanted to stop by and thank you for following me {I am following you now}! I love your blog and I am so glad I found it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopped by to check out your blog. Here's what I'm reading https://daystarz.wordpress.com/2013/06/11/musing-mondays-what-im-reading/

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.