Saturday, June 8, 2013

My First Blog Post . . .

I've been wanting to create a reading blog all year and I've finally done it! Well, actually, I started with a Tumblr blog last summer, but it's a little useless when I post any reviews. No one ever sees them. Besides, I think I'll like a blogger blog way better. 

I should introduce myself, shouldn't I?

My name is Kaitlin, and I'm  a 17 year old that lives in that state between California and Washington in the United States. It's that one that isn't mentioned nearly as much as the other two. I just started my summer before my senior year--my last year--of high school, and I'm trying out blogging for the summer before I have to jump into three AP classes, SATs, college applications, scholarships, and senior activities. Hopefully, I will like doing this enough that I will continue this blog after my school year starts. 

Here are eight things about me that you may (or may not) want to know about me:

1. My favorite color is purple. 
2. I want to be a scientist (preferably in the zoology field). 
3. I like to collect polished rocks. 
4. At the moment, I have two dogs: a dachshund named Duggie and a black lab named Sam. 
5. I will listen to any music that captures my attention, be it classical, disco, rock, pop, soul, country, or even rap. 
6. I love to learn. Education is one of the things I value the most. 
7. Most of the books I read are YA, though I also read NA books and classic novels. 
8. The number eight is my favorite number because I was born on October 19, at eight o'clock, in room eight, and weighing eight pounds. 


That's all for now, but I'll be coming back to post a few things tomorrow to get this blog going. 

Have an awesome time reading, everyone. :)




4 comments:

  1. Hiya Kaitlin! Trust me, I understand you. Even though I'm only going into my sophomore year, and you'll probably have tones more work than me, I still understand the stress. I think you would be able to keep up your blog during the school year- what I do is I prepare my posts during the weekend and publish them throughout the week. It really saves lots of times. Happy blogging!
    PS Don't worry, us Californians still appreciate the guys on top ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *tons
      *time
      sorry, I hate making spelling errors -_-

      Delete
    2. I'm pretty sure I'll have enough time during the school year. I'm pretty good at managing my time. However, some of my free reading time may be shortened, but at least part of that reason is because I'll be taking an AP Literature class that I will be reading books for anyway. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Kaitlin! I really liked number 8, it was a pretty cool coincidence that happened :) My fav nunber is 8 as well, but you have an awesome reason why.

    (Mine is 8 because usually when I play pool and I am starting the game by breaking the balls, the 8 ball always goes in first! So it became my favorite number somehow :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.