Sunday, June 16, 2013

Picture Quotes

I'm not a very creative person, but there is one thing that I like to do that requires at least a little bit of creativity. I like taking book quotes, adding them to pictures, and making them pretty. There's not much to it: all I do is take a background, crop it, add a quote, and pick a font for it. It's really simple, but it's one of the only times where I get creative. So, I would like to share a few that I've made in the last few months.

All of the photos I used were found on Google search or Goodreads, and they are either pieces cropped out from the actual book cover or from a poster. Each of the quotes are taken from Goodreads. I used pixlr.com to edit each picture, and I post most of the ones I make onto Goodreads (the YA Bookaholics group photo section) and Pinterest.

 Here are some quotes where I took a blank black or white background, and added a few things. These are my first picture quotes I made. The bottom two are just two different versions of the same quote. The third and fifth quote down are in a tie for my favorite. 

-Lauren Oliver, Delirium
-Lauren Oliver, Delirium

Here are a few banner type quotes. My favorite is the first one. I'm very happy with that banner. 


Here are the ones where I cropped out a piece of thebook cover (or poster), and added a quote to it. My favorite from the following is the very last one. I also really like the Requiem one. I made each of these, except for the Pandemonium one, in the last few days. 

-Lauren Oliver, Pandemonium

That's all of the ones I have right now, but I would love to make more. What's your favorite quote and which book is it from? I would love to edit another picture for it. 

2 comments:

  1. These are so cool! I use pixlr sometimes, I tried using gimp, but I failed so badly and couldn't work anything out. I just read Delirium and loved it, and City of Lost Souls is fantastic. Great picture quotes! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.