Monday, June 24, 2013

Review ~ Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Genre: YA Paranormal Romance (with Greek Mythology)
Series and number: Covenant #4
Number of pages: 373
Edition: Kindle ebook
Published: Published April 4th 2013 by Spencer Hill Press
Link to Goodreads page

Goodreads description:

Fate isn't something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.

Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.

The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn't the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.

Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself.

My Review:

Rating: 5 stars
Date read: June 16-19, 2013
Source: bought

I always find it tougher to review books from series that I really love. It might be that I just want the book to speak for itself. Or maybe it's because it's a part of a series, and since I've made four books into it, I obviously love enjoyed it. So, it's tough for me to review this book only, when I feel like I should be reviewing the entire series at once. However, I'll try my best with reviewing Apollyon only.

Right from the start, Apollyon was a nonstop whirlwind of fun, danger, romance, and just plain awesomeness. There were hectic moments where Alex and, at most times, the other were stuck in a suspenseful battle trying to survive in one piece. There were also cool down periods where relationships and friendships were built and explored. The romance between Alex and Aiden took a bigger role than ever before, and the two went through their great highs as well as their really low ones. Throughout it all, they stayed a stable couple and always stuck together (despite the bumps in the road they faced).

Speaking of Alex . . . she was amazing. Just as always, she had that slightly annoying side that she had always had in the series. It was apparent, though, that she had matured—and matured a lot. She began forming better relations with those she didn't give much respect to in the past, and she started to accept how much responsibility really was resting on her shoulders. Alex changed and grew a lot since Half-Blood, but she was still the same girl that she had always been. She just grew into a much more mature version of that.

Honestly, if you've read and enjoyed the previous books in the Covenant series, you are bound to enjoy this one. If you aren't familiar with the series, I really suggest trying it out. It has a fantastic romance that doesn't overshadow the truly great plot. There are many surprises throughout all the books so far, and there are so many moments that are guaranteed to either make you swoon, laugh, or cry (probably not all at once). It's a series that has the ability to suck you into it, just like it has done to me.

Quote:




3 comments:

  1. Erg it's so annoying - I can't enjoy this series because it reminds me too much of Vampire Academy, so I had to drop it after Book 1. But each novel sounds better than the last! And I am a sucker for this sort of romance. :-( Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved this book. Aiden seriously gave me a run for my money; if Alex ever needs a break ill gladly take him off her hands (: GREAT REVEIW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally check out my blog http://straightfromthereadersmouth.blogspot.com and tell me what you think!

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.