Sunday, June 9, 2013

Review ~ Breathe by Abbi Glines


Goodreads description:

Sadie White's summer job isn't going to be on the beach life-guarding or working at rental booths like most kids her age. With her single mother's increasing pregnancy and refusal to work, Sadie has to take over her mother's job as a domestic servant for one of the wealthy summer families on a nearby island.
When the family arrives at their summer getaway, Sadie is surprised to learn that the owner of the house is Jax Stone, one of the hottest teen rockers in the world. If Sadie hadn't spent her life raising her mother and taking care of the house she might have been normal enough to be excited about working for a rock star.

Even though Sadie isn't impressed by Jax's fame, he is drawn to her. Everything about Sadie fascinates Jax but he fights his attraction. Relationship's never work in his world and as badly as he wants Sadie, he believes she deserves more. By the end of the summer, Jax discovers he can't breathe without Sadie.
But can their love overcome the disparity in their lifestyles? Or will they have to learn how to breathe again?

My review (originally posted on Goodreads): 

Rating: 2.5 stars
Date read: June 1 to 2, 2013
Format: Paperback
Where I got it: giveaway

I read both Because of Low and While it Lasts before this book (and I absolutely fell in love with both of them), so I was looking forward to finally getting to the first book in the series (I don't like going out of order). Well . . . it looks like I wasn't missing much. Breathe was an okay book that I liked enough to rate it three stars no Goodreads.

I'm usually drawn to books where the character is going through a true hardship, so naturally I liked where the story was heading when I read the beginning. After awhile, though, it just turned into a series of cheesy moments one moment after the next. There was a lot of repetition and a lot grammar/spelling issues (in the paperbook I had).

Despite that, I did find Jax and Sadie's journey to be sweet, and I was interested enough in it to finish it basically in one day. It was quick and light for the most part (everybody seemed to be too chipper at most times to be convincing), but it wasn't anything too special.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.