Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (1) ~ Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This is my first time participating in this theme. I've seen it around on a lot of other blogs, so it's cool that I finally get to join in.

What am I waiting for?


It's Wild Cards, the newest book from one of my favorite authors, Simone Elkeles. 

Goodreads description:

After getting kicked out of boarding school, bad boy Derek Fitzpatrick has no choice but to live with his ditzy stepmother while his military dad is deployed. Things quickly go from bad to worse when he finds out she plans to move them back to her childhood home in Illinois. Derek’s counting the days before he can be on his own, and the last thing he needs is to get involved with someone else’s family drama.

Ashtyn Parker knows one thing for certain--people you care about leave without a backward glance. A football scholarship would finally give her the chance to leave. So she pours everything into winning a state championship, until her boyfriend and star quarterback betrays them all by joining their rival team. Ashtyn needs a new game plan, but it requires trusting Derek—someone she barely knows, someone born to break the rules. Is she willing to put her heart on the line to try and win it all?

Sound good? 
It releases on September 24, and I can't wait to read it! I trust it to be great, just like all of the other books by Elkeles.

Well, that's what I'm waiting for. How about you?

5 comments:

  1. oooh i hadn't seen this yet!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never got into her other series, but this does sound really good. I'm definitely picking it up come September. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard really great things about Simone Elkeles's Perfect Chemistry books, though I have yet to read them. Great pick!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.