Sunday, July 14, 2013

Review ~ A Million Suns by Beth Revis

Genre: YA science fiction
Series and number: Across the Universe #2
Number of pages: 404
Edition: Paperback
Link to Goodreads page

Goodreads description:

Book 2 in the New York Times bestselling trilogy, perfect for fans of Battlestar Gallactica and Prometheus!

GODSPEED WAS FUELED BY LIES. NOW IT IS RULED BY CHAOS.

It's been three months since Amy was unplugged. The life she always knew is over. Everywhere she looks, she sees the walls of the spaceship Godspeed. But there may just be hope: Elder has assumed leadership of the ship. He's finally free to act on his vision--no more Phydus, no more lies. But when Elder learns shocking news, he and Amy must race to discover the truth behind life on Godspeed, all the while dealing with the love that's growing between them and the chaos that threatens to tear them apart.

Beth Revis catapulted readers into the far reaches of space with her New York Times bestselling debut, Across the Universe. In A Million Suns, Beth deepens the mystery with action, suspense, romance, and deep philosophical questions. And this time it all builds to one mind-bending conclusion: THEY HAVE TO GET OFF THIS SHIP.

My review:

Rating: 4 stars
Date read: July 8 to 10, 2013
Source: Bought

I have to admit: I wasn’t excited about starting this book. I’ve been putting it off ever since I got it. Why? I’m not really sure. It turned out to be really good, though, which I shouldn’t have been surprised by due to how much I liked Across the Universe.

I’m not a big science fiction fan, so some parts were a little slow. However, at most times, I was anticipating the next scene, the next twist, the next secret uncovered. I worried about Elder and Amy during the most dangerous parts, and got angry at several characters that turned against them. I was satisfied with the level of romance—the kind that hung hidden in the background during the majority of the book, but turned really sweet when feelings were finally displayed. It was the perfect amount for this book.

The ending, also, was perfect. It left me with questions and it left me wanting more. I want to know what happens next. I want more of the great world created, and of Amy and Elder. It will probably be awhile before I continue the series, but I’m definitely looking for doing so.

Quote:


1 comment:

  1. I loved these books :D my favorite one was Shades of Earth, I adored Elder. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.