Thursday, July 4, 2013

Summer Lovin' Readathon - Day 4: "Tears on My Pillow"


Hey everyone! Welcome to my day four post of the readathon. I'm going to make this super quick because I'll be leaving home pretty soon. It's July 4th, and I'm celebrating with my friend and her family. By the way, Happy 4th of July to all of my fellow Americans! I hope you have a great day.

Anyway, here's a quote from Unravel Me, which I finished last night:
“On the darkest days you have to search for a spot of brightness, on the coldest days you have to seek out a spot of warmth; on the bleakest days you have to keep your eyes onward and upward and on the saddest days you have to leave them open to let them cry. To then let them dry. To give them a chance to wash out the pain in order to see fresh and clear once again.”
Now, here's my Spine Poetry:

I actually got really into this one. The last time I was given a chance to do it for another event, I chose to do the alternative option because I didn't think I could do it. However, when I first heard that the challenge post for today would be spine poetry, I just sat and looked at my bookshelf, trying to figure one out. Once I had one, I just kept trying to figure out more. So, that is why I have three poems today. (No pictures yet though. I'll be taking those and posting them on Twitter or Pinterest tomorrow. Sorry for now.)

1
Beastly Beautiful Creatures
Nevermore The Hollow,
The Haunted

2
Let's Get Lost, Rockoholic
Being Demon Kissed

3
I Could Love You
Being Lost in Time
Nevermore Leaving Paradise


Those are my poems! I've never done these before, but I actually like them. 

I love checking out other people's spine poetry! Leave a link to yours below.


6 comments:

  1. Great job! The first one is my favorite, but I may be biased because I have read most of those books and liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing THREE poems! My favorite is the last one. So romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful poems. I still have to read Unravel Me and am looking forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thanks for sharing. Who wrote "Unravel Me." Sounds like a good read. Your poems are great. Would love for you to check my poem out too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poem is so beautiful :) It's really impressive that you made three!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your poems and that you did three. It was my first time doing this too...lots of fun.

    Jenn @ Book Beats
    my spine poetry

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.