Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer Lovin' Readathon - Day Two: "You're the One That I Want"

It's the second day of the Summer Lovin' Readathon hosted by Reviewing Wonderland! Want to know more about it? Go here.

Here's today's participation post is "You're the One That I Want": 
  • List your must-have summer reading (the ones you read over and over again) or give us some of your favorite recommended summer reads.
What do I like to read over and over again?

I'm going to stick with contemporary books, as I associate more of them with summer than other types of books. Most have light subjects, and some have darker ones. Some are set in the summer, and some are not. Each one, though, is one I really enjoyed enough to want to read again.

Simone Elkeles books: I like to reread her Perfect Chemistry and Leaving Paradise books. The only one I haven't read more than once is Chain Reaction (hmm . . . maybe I should reread it this summer).

Sarah Dessen books: I try to reread at least one of her books every year because I love them so much. The following are the ones I read most often, and I'm hoping I'll be able to add The Moon and More to this list soon (I recently won an old ARC copy of it, and it's on its way to me now). *Happy dance*

Dreamland - This and This Lullaby make up my favorite Sarah Dessen books. It's one of the least talked about ones by her, and it's probably one of the least liked. I love it, though, and it makes me cry every. Single. Time.

Along For the RideJust Listen, The Truth About Forever - I never get tired of any of them. 
Two Reread Favorites: I read both of these at least three times, and I never fail to get sucked into the story. 



Lastly, a 2012 read that I feel will be added to the above list someday (as I've only read it once):


That's it for my Summer Lovin' today! I've got reading and another blog post to get working on.



2 comments:

  1. This Lullaby is on my shelf and one of my books for the Summer Lovin' Read-a-thon! Hoping to make it my next read because I've enjoyed the other Dessen titles that I picked up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Kaitlin what a coincidence I seen the Two Way Street which was PulseIt's free read for a short time and I started reading it and loved it, I also loved the whole premise, love road trip books! Will definitely be purchasing it for my Nook so I can finish reading it :D

    Sarah Dessen's books are so popular for Day 2's participation post but like you, I do feel that "summer" reads are contemp romance books, light and humorous with a dollop of romance.

    My Day 2 Participation Post

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.