Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (1)


Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and it's basically just as it says. Each Tuesday, there's a new topic to make a top ten list for. This is my first time participating, and I may or may not pick it up as a regular meme. I really want try this week's list because it seems  interesting. 

July 2: Top Ten Most Intimidating Books (might be intimated by size, content, that everyone else loves it but you are sure you won't etc)

To-Read
1. Les Misérables by Victor Hugo - It's a very long classic.
2. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy - It's also a long classic.
3. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare - It's a pretty big book; I have also seen a few spoilers that could upset me
4. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey - There's a lot of hype right now.
5. Words by Ginny L. Yttrup - Okay, this isn't really on my to-read list. My friend let me borrow it and she said it was really good. It looks like it's heavy on religion, and that's one area I try to stay away from at all costs in books.
6. Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines - Cover and genre; I've read other Abbi Glines books and other NA books, but the cover makes me want to stay away from it.

Since not many books are intimidating to me before I read them, I decided to include some that I've already read, but still feel intimidated by because I'm nervous about how people will critique them. There are a lot of books that I just love, but feel oddly protective over because I'm afraid others are going to tear it apart. These are four of them. 

Have read
7. Eon by Alison Goodman 
8. Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves
9. Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James
10. The Secret Hour by Scott Westerfeld

That's my Top Ten. Are they any titles I mentioned that intimidate you as well?

5 comments:

  1. Looved The Fifth Wave, but don't go in expecting loads because then it may not fit your expectations.
    Really want to read the TID series, all I hear is how good it is! Hope you enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you when it come to Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. Not only its size but the fact that its so highly praised which makes me fear that it won't live up to my expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't love the ending of Clockwork Princess. But I did love The 5th Wave--not that you need more hype to it.

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think half of mine were ones i've read but still intimidate me!! Lol hope you continue with the TTT they are my favorite part of the week!!

    Morgan @Remembered Deservedly deservedly@WordPress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not read the 5thWave either. Every time I look at it on my shelves for some reasons I just "nah not right now, I'll read it later." =/ ohh and I love Eon by Alison Goodman. The world building is so fantastic and the pace is really good especially for high fantasy. Totally recommend =)

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.