Friday, August 2, 2013

Beat the Heat Readathon ~ Sign Up Post and Goals

Thanks to Jessi for making the cool button.

I'm joining in on the fun! This readathon is hosted by Auntie Spinelli Reads and Phantasmic Reads and here are the rules from Phantasmic Reads:
  • The Beat the Heat Readathon runs from July 29th through August 11th. What does this readathon entail, you ask? Well, read as much or as little as you want – the main point is to READ! You set your own goal, and for two weeks you read as many books as you can/want to reach your goal!
  • There will be mini-challenges throughout the Readathon for participants, along with a grand prize giveaway at the end!
  • Sign up at Auntie Spinelli Reads or Phantasmic Reads. You may join whenever you like, but to be eligible for our grand prize giveaway, you must sign up by August 5th.
  • To join, all you have to do is make a sign-up post – even if it’s just a “Let’s do this!” thing – and add your post URL to the linky below! You can put your goals and progress (will be required for the final giveaway) in your sign-up post, or you can make it separate. Totally up to you! Feel free to copy and paste this handy little list for your post. We don’t mind.
  • In order to enter for the grand prize, you must have a post to keep track of your progress so we can see that you participated.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, My Goals for This Readathon

Here's what I want to accomplish: make sure the Reader's Block that I feel on the verge of doesn't actually happen and get a good start in all the ARR books I'm planning to read this month. I also want to have as much fun as I can, meet awesome bloggers, and do a lot of blogging. 

The Books I Want to Read

Well, first of all, I want to finish the book I'm currently reading and write my review for it (it's a reread): My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick. Then, it's onto five others I'm telling myself I must read:
  • The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen - It's the only Sarah Dessen book I haven't read yet.
  • The White Lilac by Christina J. Adams (ARR) - Out of all of my unread ARR books, I received this one the earliest.
  • Desires of the Dead by Kimberley Derting - I have a buddy read for this starting in a few days. 
  • A Taylor-Made Life by Kary Rader(ARR) - I've been wanting to read this all summer and my goal is to read it before the 15th. I have to get prepared for a massive amount of tears, though, because I've been told to keep tissues nearby while I read. 
  • Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo - I got to choose this as a BOTM in a Goodreads group, and I signed up to read this for the #CatchUpClub. It's one of my top to-reads for this month. 

I would also like to read one of the following of the ARR books I have to review:


What are your goals for the readathon? Is there any books I listed that you've read? Is there any of them that you planning on reading as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.