Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Bout of Books Sign Up ~ Goals and Reading Progress

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. –From the Bout of Books team

I'm a day late, but I've decided to join the Bout of Books read-a-thon! I haven't been reading as much as I would like lately, and I would like to use this to get me into a good reading mood so I can finish a bunch of books before I start my senior year of high school on September 3rd.

My Goals
  • I want to read at least half a book a day. That's my minimum. 
  • I would like to finish and review at least four books. Five or six would be really nice. 
Books to Read

I have a ton of options, so I'll probably be asking for suggestions on Twitter whenever I need to choose a new one to read. 

I'm participating in a partner challenge on my Goodreads group, YA Bookaholics, and my partner and I chose the ten books we were to read out of 20 that we listed. Unfortunately, I haven't been doing very well on the challenge (I've read four plus an ARR book not on the list). 

I might not finish all of these, but Fire Country and I Breathe You are must reads because they're review copies, and I need to read Between Shades of Gray because I'm borrowing it from my friend. 

The other choices I have are two ARRs (I would like to read one of them for this readathon) and any of the new books that I have bought/received (one is Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, which I'm supposed to get on Friday).

My Reading Progress

I'm just going to lump this in with this post. I'll edit in each day's progress as I go.

Monday:
Read: Fire Country by David Estes
Day's Progress: 50%
Total Progress: 50%
Thoughts: It's a bit unique, but it's probably going to receive a 3 or 3.5 star rating.

Tuesday:
Read: Fire Country by David Estes
Day's Progress: 50%
Total Progress: 100%
Thoughts: It's getting a three star rating.
Other: I wrote my review for Fire Country in my notebook. It's really short and should be typed up and posted by the end of the read-a-thon.

Wednesday:
Read: Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
Day's Progress: 338 pages (100%)
Total Progress: 338 pages (100%)
Thoughts: The review for this needs to be well thought out. It was a very good book.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Welcome to the challenge. :-) I have Fire County to read soon also. I'm curious what your final verdict is!

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.