Thursday, August 1, 2013

Looking Back on July

This is my version of a monthly round up or rewind. At the end of every month (or first of the following month, in this case), I'll go review the entire month of reading, blogging, and other cool stuff. 

Books I read in July

24 and a half books! I believe that's a personal record.
Favorites:
Contemporary: 
Dare You To by Katie McGarry

Paranormal: 
Poison Princess by Kresley Cole

Dystopia: 
Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

R2R: 
Sunset Rising by S.M McEachern

Cover: 
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

Reread: 
Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Heroine: 
Allie from The Immortal Rules

Hero:
Warner from Unravel Me

BOOK STATS:
Ratings:
     -5 stars: 3
     -4.5 stars: 5
     -4 stars: 9
     -3 stars: 5
     -2 stars: 2
          Average rating: 3.85 stars

Some significant additions to my bookshelf (but by far not all of them):

KINDLE

Summer Lovin' Read-a-thon Prize
Four free ebooks and two on sale

BOOKSHELF
Bought on Abebooks
Thank you All Booked Up YA and Mary Had a Little Book Blog for the two signed books and old ARC

Other fun stuff that occurred this month
  • I participated in two read-a-thons and a few Twitter parties.
  • I reached 200 followers through Twitter and I've gotten way more active on it.
  • I signed up for Edelweiss and got my first DRC accepted. 
  • I reached 100 Bloglovin' followers.
  • I was interviewed for the very first time by Pages Unbound.
  • I featured my first guest poster: Kimberley Patterson.
  • I participated in my first few book blitzes and blasts.
  • I met and chatted with so many awesome people (especially on Twitter).
  • I never once said I was bored, which I often do during my summer breaks.
  • I came up with an idea of "Blogging Bucket List" that will be up and running soon for fellow bloggers to participate in. 
  • I came up with 20 songs to go on a playlist for the month (will be posted soon).
. . . I believe that's it. July was a pretty great month for me, but I'm looking forward to August being even better. I have good plans for this month. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You read a ton of books!!! And congrats on reaching 100 on bloglovin' and 200 on twitter! Those are awesome stats! Ohhhh! You got Defiance! Love that book!! Glad you had such an awesome month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome amount of books to read in one month! Go you! :) You are a reading machine :)

    Julie @ Chapter Break

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great reading month! The Grisha series is amazing, hope you love the 2 books! happy August.

    Eveline's Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you read 25 books!! I wish I could read as much! Hope you enjoy August!

    Ally @ Book Fixation

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.