Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Lineup (2) ~ Cassandra Clare's Books


Last week, I featured all of Sarah Dessen's books and ranked them from most favorite to least favorite. This week, I've chosen to create another lineup of books I've read by a certain author. It's a bit different, though. These books are all part of two series that are part of the same world, and it was a bit tough to make the decision of the placement of each book. I did settle on something, and you may (or may not) be surprised at how I ordered these books.

Cassandra Clare Books
********************************************************
City of Glass
Most of us probably believed the Mortal Instruments series was going to end with this one, so when I read this, I treated it like a conclusionand such a wonderful one it was. There was so much right about this book. So many awesome things happened, and I believe (now that I think of it) it made me cry towards the very end. City of Glass was an amazing book, and it deserves to take place at the top of this lineup.

-City of Bones-
This was my toughest decision. I can't decide whether or not I liked Clockwork Prince or this one more, so I placed this one higher because I've read it so many times. City of Bones is the starter book: it introduces us to the wonderful world of Shadowhunters, and it's a bit tough to top the book that made me fall in love with the series in the first place.

-Clockwork Prince-
This one blew me away. I didn't expect to love it as much as I did (see CA for reason why), and I am so glad that I enjoyed it. I finally understood what was so great about Tessa, Jem, and Will, and found myself loving the setting the series was set in. I liked this one enough to consider placing it above City of Bones, which just says how much I loved it.

City of Lost Souls
I see so many people saying how the series should have stopped at City of Glass, and how the next two were disappointing. I only half agree (see COFA) because I absolutely loved this one. Something about it just seemed exciting, and I found to be a great addition to the series. It made me eager to read more (which I feel like I've been waiting to do for forever).

City of Ashes
You probably didn't expect this one to be in this spot, did you? Or maybe you did. I really liked this one, too, but it doesn't leap out to me and "I'm better than those other four above me!" There was plenty that I loved about this one (like the cool scenes leading up to the climax), but there was even more I loved about the others.

Clockwork Angel (I don't have a copy)
I've read this one twice. I highly enjoyed it the first time, but after awhile I would try to remember what happened in it. I couldn't remember hardly anything. The second time left a longer impact on me, but it still isn't as memorable as all of the books I placed higher on the list.

City of Fallen Angels
I didn't care much for this one. Actually, no. I did really like it around the time that I read it, but now it doesn't seem very memorable. Some parts stood out as great and eventful, but everything else seems a bit vague when I try remember what happened in the book.

**Clockwork Princess?**
I haven't read this one yet (sadly), but I have a feeling that, when I finally do read it, this one will either battle with City of Glass or City of Bones for their positions. 
********************************************************

What do you think? What book would you place on the top of your own lineup and which one would you place at the bottom?

**If you have any suggestions for future Lineup authors or themes, I would love to hear them. 

6 comments:

  1. That is a hard set of books to put into order. I liked some better than others-pretty close to your list actually, but there are a few I haven't read yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very, very tough to decide. I think, though, next week's lineup will be even tougher if I settle on the author I'm thinking of.

      Delete
  2. I personally haven't read any of Cassandra Clare's books although I have a few copies that I will hopefully begin shortly so I can't say which ones I like and dislike. But I was wondering if you would suggest what's the best order to read Clare's books. Is it recommended to read them in publication order, begin with TMI, or TID? Thank you in advance and I love your lineup posts and I look forward to reading more of them in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's not really a best order to read them in. You can read the entire TID series before TMI, or vice versa. You can also read them by publication year, or whatever other way you prefer.

      Maybe you can read the first of one and then the other? Then you could choose which one you would like to continue on with the most.

      Whenever and if ever you read Cassandra Clare's books, I hope you enjoy them. :)

      Delete
  3. You're a really big fan of Cassandra Clare! I've only read TID and I'm a bit hesitant to read TMI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you liked the Shadowhunter world in TID, I do suggest reading at least the first TMI book.

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.