Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Lineup ~ Unleash the Fangs!

This week's Lineup was surprisingly easy to put together. I postponed my previous plan until next week because I'm thinking of doing something special for September (like a theme) that it would fit in with. So I decided to do this one instead! This one is a bit different. It is made up of series instead of individual books by different authors. I also didn't include every single book I read that goes with this theme—only ten of the series (actually, one is an anthology) that I have physical copies of.

Books With Vampires in Them
********************************************************
Vampire Academy/Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
(Vampire Academy and Bloodlines)
Until the Bloodlines series is completed, I won't be able to choose a favorite, so they take the same spot. Putting these series at the top of the Lineup was the easiest thing to do. They're some of my favorite books! Rose is one of my favorite heroines; Adrian is my favorite hero. I love the vampire world, the action, the romance, and everything else. I don't like any of the other series nearly as much as this one.

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
(Blood of Eden)
I read this book in July and I really liked it. It's one of my favorite vampire worlds because it has a dystopia side to it and I haven't read many of those. Alison was a great, strong heroine that went through so much but managed to deal with it nicely.


Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz
(Blue Bloods)
At this point, I have realized that I haven't been reading vampire books lately. I'm pretty sure it's been at least a year since I've read any of the rest of this Lineup, including this series. This one used to be a favorite. I loved how the modern world tied in with the historical one. I loved how it was both a vampire book and an angel one at the same time. My favorite character—the one that I always rooted for getting the upper hand—was Schuyler. Sometime after the fourth or fifth book, I lost my enthusiasm. It was getting a bit too drawn out and I wasn't sure where the series was going anymore. I think the farthest I've read is Lost in Time, but only halfway through that.

Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich-Smith
(Tantalize)
I don't think a lot of people enjoyed reading this one, but I loved it! It was a fun read, and I really liked the mix of vampires, weres, and angels throughout the series. I'm not a big fan of the second book because it didn't have the characters I liked the best, but everything else was great. One of the things that drew me into the series the most was the restaurant in the first book and how the author tied that in with vampires. 

Marked by P.C Cast and Kristin Cast
(House of Night)
This was one of my favorite series until it got way too long—way longer than it needed to be. I really liked reading the first few books, but then a huge pile of things just kept being stuffed into it and I was getting tired of it. I don't have a good attention span when it comes to reading really long series. There's so many shorter ones out there that are so much better.

Intertwined by Gena Showalter
(Intertwined)
This was a good book. It didn't wow me, but I did enjoy the mix of the several different paranormal creatures. I also liked the concept of the souls living inside the main character and how that part was executed. 

Thirst by Christopher Pike
(Thirst)
I'm a little unsure about this series. It's a pretty good one, but I have gotten stuck in so many rough and slow patches that it isn't one of my favorites. There are some awesome elements to the story line, and a lot of parts are thrilling, but overall, it was a slow series for me and I haven't read much more past the first volume (which has three books in it).

Peeps by Scott Westerfeld
(Peeps)
If you don't know already, Scott Westerfeld is one of my favorite authors. I loved the Uglies series, the Leviathan trilogy, and the Midnighters trilogy. Peeps, though, is my least favorite. I still liked it, but it didn't wow me like his other books. It still had great ideas and concepts, but I've read better vampire books. 

Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber
(Vampire Kisses)
I don't remember much from the three books I read in this series. I know that I did like the books, but they didn't feel like must-reads. 

The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire (anthology)
This book could probably be placed higher than Vampire Kisses and Peeps because there are some pretty good stories in it that makes the entire book worth it. The problem is . . . I can't remember anything. I look at this book and can only remember one or two vague details, and that's it. I'm not a fan of short stories, so because of that and my vague memory, this book has to be at the very end of the Lineup.
********************************************************
I know a lot of you are probably not fans of vampire books, but are there any from my Lineup that you really liked? Are there any really good vampire books you would suggest I check out? 

10 comments:

  1. I loved Tantalize. It's not a very well known book but I enjoyed it when I read it. But I did read it in Year 7 so I'm not too sure whether the standards for that book has lowered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Vampire Acadamy books! Hope you like them.

    Sarah @ Kitties Like Books Too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VA is one of my favorite series, actually.

      Delete
  3. Love your vampire line-up! Out of all of these, I've only read VA and The Immortal Rules. I didn't really care for the Immortal Rules for the same reason why you loved it. The dystopian premise wasn't my thing. Although I do have to say that Morganville vamps are my favorite vampiric series. Shane and Claire are my OTP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised that you haven't read any of the other books. They're not hugely well-known ones. I've heard about the Morganville vampire books, but I've never tried them.

      Delete
  4. This is a good line up! I've read most of these and those that I haven't I do want to still. I must say I loved The Immortal Rules and have the sequel ready to read. I did not like the Thirst series after the second volume to be honest...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I got stuck early in the second volume. I just lost interest. It really could've ended after the first one.

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.