Tuesday, August 20, 2013

"Waiting on" Wednesday ~ Damselfly by Jennie Bates Bozic

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

I just discovered this book a few days ago, and I'm definitely looking forward to reading it!


Damselfly by Jennie Bates Bozic

Goodreads description:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In 2065, the Lilliput Project created Lina - the first six-inch-tall winged girl - as the solution to a worldwide energy and food crisis. Isolated in a compound amidst the forests of Denmark, Lina has grown up aware of only one purpose: learn how to survive in a world filled with hawks, bumblebees, and loneliness. However, on the eve of her sixteenth birthday, she discovers that she’s not the only teenager her size. Six 'Toms' were created shortly after Lina, and now her creators need to prove to the world that tiny people are the next logical step in human evolution. In other words, they need to prove that reproduction is possible.

Um. No thanks. Lina's already fallen in love with a boy she met online named Jack. Only he has no idea that thumbelina1847 could literally fit inside his heart.

When her creators threaten to hurt Jack unless she chooses a husband from among the ‘Toms’, Lina agrees to star in a reality TV series. Once the episodes begin to air, the secret of her size is out. Cut off from any contact with the outside world, Lina assumes Jack is no longer interested. After all, what guy would want to date a girl he can’t even kiss?

Slowly, very slowly, she befriends the six young men who see her as their only ticket to happiness. Perhaps she can make just one guy’s dream of love and companionship come true. But her creators have a few more twists in store for her that she never thought possible.

She’s not the only one playing to the cameras.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Doesn't it sound so cool? And isn't that a great cover and title? I can't wait to read it. I have a good feeling about this book.

There's a giveaway of four ARCs of Damselfly going on at IceyBooks!

Well, that's what I'm waiting on. How about you?

16 comments:

  1. This sounds really cool! I've never heard of it before, but I'm definitely adding this one to my TBR list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you added it! I really like the sound of this one.

      Delete
  2. Great pick. sounds interesting.

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesday-61-conjured.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover! I haven't seen this one yet so thanks for sharing it :)

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-better-spirits/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is so cool. It would look nice on a bookshelf.

      Delete
  4. This seriously sounds hilarious. I just saw it for the first time today. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe I hadn't seen this before! I love Thumbelina =D
    Awesome WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole Thumbelina mention is what first drew me in. I love the sound of that.

      Delete
  6. I haven't heard of this one. I think the synopsis is adorable. Definitely added to my TBR list. Awesome pick!

    Holly @ Absorbing the Content

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you added it. It does sound like a cute book, doesn't it?

      Delete
  7. This sounds so good. Thumbelina was one of my favorite stories as a kid and I am definitely adding this to my list. Thanks for sharing- and stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thumbelina is a good story. I just hope this book does a good job with connecting to that story.

      Delete
  8. It does sound cool! I remember loving the story of Thumbelina growing up. And I've never heard of this book, actually, so thanks so much for sharing! And thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the story of Thumbelina too! I've never read a book that had any sort of connection to it, so I'm pretty excited about this book.

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.