Saturday, August 31, 2013

Your Requests, My Responses ~ Fall Releases I'm Looking Forward To

This is my new way of coming up with post topics. Instead of doing it myself, I am getting help from you. I'll be writing about whatever you want to hear for me. Got an idea? Please fill out this form and I'll start working on the post. 

Missed the first one of these posts? Go here to read it.

Here's what was submitted:
"I think it would be awesome if you discussed books you're looking forward to that will be released this fall."
- Klaudia from The Observant Girl

This is an easy topic, so I decided to make do this one before the other topic submitted (which will be next). I have chosen eight books (why eight? I asked Twitter to choose a number) that I'm eagerly waiting for. I chose ones from late September through late November. 

 September 17th - The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas
Okay, I admit it. I'm mostly interested in this book because for the cover. Who wouldn't? Look at it! Doesn't it look gorgeous? I'm incredibly curious about what the inside is like. Will I love or will I be disappointed? Will I be sucked into it from cover to cover or will I struggle to pick it up? I really want to read this.

September 24th - Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis
Another book that drew me by the gorgeous cover. Lately, I've noticed my growing interest in the dystopia genre. I used to think I didn't mind it very much, but I'm starting to think it's one of my favorites! Out of all of the upcoming dystopias, though, I would have to say I'm waiting for Not a Drop to Drink the most. I certainly have been waiting a long time for it. 

October 1st - Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles
Another book by one of my all time favorite contemporary authors? Yes! I fell in love with the entire Perfect Chemistry series as well as the Leaving Paradise one. They swept me away and I often times pick them up again and reread my favorite parts. I don't think this book will top those, but I do think I'll still love it.

October 1st - Endless Knight by Kresley Cole
Have you read my review of Poison Princess? If you haven't, you should go do so. That book gave me all sorts of feelings and I was able to both rant and rave about different parts of it. If you read that review, you'll get a good idea of why I am eagerly waiting for its sequel.

October 22nd - Allegiant by Veronica Roth
I don't need to explain. Just look what series it's from and you'll know. 
This book releases only three days after my birthday, so it'll be included in some way with my special October plans for this blog. It may be included in a giveaway of some sort, but I haven't decided yet. 

November 2nd - Crash Into You by Katie McGarry
Hmm, I think Katie McGarry is becoming a new favorite author of mine. I just adore this series. They're the perfect contemporary romances and I can't wait to get my hands on this book and find a day where I can read this from cover to cover without having to take many breaks.

November 2nd - Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout
This is such an exciting series. I know many people don't like the first book, but seriously, each book gets more and more exciting than the last and I'm sure this one will be fantastic!

November 19th - The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
This is the book I'm waiting for. This is one of my top favorite series and I'm so excited for this one! Just looking at the cover makes me all happy inside. :)

What are other readers waiting for?
I asked through Twitter and found a few people to tell me what one or two books they're looking forward to the most.


"I can't wait for House of Hades. Rick Riodan started this epic journey with Percy Jackson, and I'm on pins and needles waiting for the next installment. I also can't wait for Allegiant. Based on what I read in Divergent and Insurgent, this trilogy may make it to my top trilogies list. Can't wait to see what Roth has in store! :)"

- Erin Alberts from @ErinAlbertBooks
Author of the The Prophecy, which releases in November (another fall release I'm looking forward to!)

"With so many books coming out this fall it's hard to choose just one or two! I am definitely looking forward to Curtsies & Conspiracies by Carriger. I loved the first in the series, Etiquette & Espionage so I can't wait to fall back into this world again. Of course I am also looking forward to Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I think EVERYONE has been waiting for this!"
- Briana from @bebecald
Blogs at Listful Booking

"Two books I am looking forward to this coming fall are FROZEN by Melissa de la Cruz and Michael Johnston and NOT A DROP TO DRINK by Mindy McGinnis.

I know many readers are looking forward to FROZEN because Melissa de la Cruz is very well-known, but I'm excited because of the synopsis. I love the overall concept of the novel and I recall Michael Johnston stating in an interview that some points refer back to a novel called THE OMNIVORE'S DILEMMA, which I read recently and loved (especially for a non-fiction novel). Also, I love the cover . . . it's STUNNING.

NOT A DROP TO DRINK is another novel I am excited for this fall because the concept is very intriguing. The genre is dystopian, one that I personally enjoy, and the idea that fresh water is scarce has me thinking what it would be like to struggle to find water and makes me what to see how Mindy McGinnis executes it.

Of course there are many, many more novels I look forward to this fall but these two are definitely at the top of my list because of the concept and my curiosity of reading how these authors execute them."
- Klaudia from @observantgirl_
This is the same blogger who submitted the topic of the post

Thank you for reading! Remember that if you have an idea you would like to see me create a post about, just fill out the form! Also, keep an eye out for the next topic in this feature (hint: it's specifically about blogging).

There are so many great books coming out in the fall! Which ones are you most looking forward to?

8 comments:

  1. Not a Drop to Drink so swayed me with that cover! I rarely read dystopians though. I've noticed that I'm not a big fan of post-apocalyptic settings. Which is one reason I didn't like Poison Princess -- I'm glad you do though, but the characters irritated me. It was one of those frustrating reads. I can't wait to pick up Crash into You too!!! That whole companion series is brilliant :DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense about Poison Princess. If you aren't a fan of that kind of setting and landscape, then the book isn't as enjoyable. The characters did get pretty annoying.

      I love series like Katie McGarry's, and hers is an amazing one.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait for Allegiant and Not A Drop to Drink as well! I'm really hoping that NADTD isn't similar to other dystopian books. I'm now really picky with dystopian novels because the stories are similar. I like this feature btw :)

    -leigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Fingers crossed* that we both like Not a Drop to Drink!

      Delete
  3. Yay!! Thanks for allowing me to add to the discussion, and BIG thanks for mentioning The Prophecy!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I was glad to mention it. :)

      Delete
  4. The Burning Sky looks really good! The book I'm most looking forward to this month is actually United We Spy by Ally Carter! I love that series a lot and it's the last book! Not a Drop to Drink has a really different cover than most books out right now, it's interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the first two in the series by Ally Carter series in middle school and I thought they were great, fun reads! United We Spy is a good book to be looking forward to. :)

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.