Thursday, September 19, 2013

Guest Post ~ Crystal from Crystal in Bookland: Book Boyfriends

Here's a topic I know many of you can relate to! Please welcome Crystal from Crystal in Bookland to Reading is My Treasure to share some of her book boyfriend's and some of a few other people's.

********************************************************
Hi everyone! I’m Crystal I just started blogging in August and this is my first guest post anywhere. Thank you Kaitlin for allowing me to post on your blog!

I wanted to talk about a topic that I know has to be one of everyone’s fave…BOOK BOYFRIENDS!!!! One of my favorite parts of reading books is meeting all the hot, swoon-worthy guys that these lovely authors introduce us too. It’s pretty common for me to instantly like a guy in the book I’m reading, and develop a bit of a crush. I especially fall easily if said guy is a BAD BOY. I have major, major-what I like to call- “bad boy syndrome”. (In fictional characters only of course.) When I say bad boy, I don’t mean evil, I mean bad, tortured, “I don’t care what anyone says”, type of guy but you know there is something redeeming underneath. That’s my type of guy. Now with all the crushes I go around getting while I read there are still only a few guys that have really left a mark on my heart. Those are my book boyfriends. I’ve had one I’ve loved so long that he’s moved more up to book hubby material…hehehehe

So I compiled a list of my book boyfriends, and had a few fellow bloggers and some authors to tell me theirs. I also got some of our favorite quotes to share, just so maybe you can see why we love them so much. ;)

Mine are:

BOOK HUBBY: Adrian Ivashkov-me and this handsome fellow met back in 2009 when I first read the Vampire Academy books, and it was instantaneous love. Dimitri who?!?!?! He is my all time favorite…period.
 
“You forget: I have an addictive personality. I'm addicted to you. Somehow I think you could do all sorts of bad things to me, and I'd still come back to you. Just keep things honest, okay? Tell me what you're feeling. If you're feeling something for Dimitri that's confusing you, tell me. We'll work it out.” 
-Adrian, Spirit Bound

“I know how devastated you must be to miss me, but leave a message, and I'll try to ease your agony” –Adrian, Blood Promise
I have SO many others I could share, but a lot have spoilers so…I shall refrain.
#2: Will Herondale- I just read The Infernal Devices this past July, Will stole my heart right away. He was so broody, and I don’t give a crap what you think about me. *Swoons* But oh so HOT!!
“It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them.” –Will, Clockwork Prince

“Will smiled the way Lucifer might have smiled, moments before he fell from Heaven.” –Will, Clockwork Angel

#3: Dante Walker: OMG…this boy…I just can’t even tell you. Seriously, there are no words for all his hotness. I literally just read The Collector two days ago and he made my top three! Not only is this guy bad, and HOT, he is hilarious!!

“I glance in the mirror. Surprise, surprise-I look finger-lickin’ delicious.” –Dante Walker, The Collector

“You’re beautiful. If you believe it, they’ll believe it.” –Dante Walker, The Collector

Now that you’ve met my top three, let me share some other people’s favorites.

Author Erin Albert: (@ErinAlbertBooks)

“Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight! For I ne’er saw true beauty till this night.” –Romeo, Romeo and Juliet

Erin also has an upcoming book and she has sent a line from the hot Nash, who I have already claimed for myself! ;)

“Why do you see the good in me when I’ve given you no reason to do so?” –Nash, The Prophecy

Tiffany from Everything Marie: (@Everythingmari1)

“I just do. That’s why it’s love- it’s unconditional. Whether you commit a mistake or a hundred, I would still love you. They say the most romantic kind of love is the unfinished kind. The kind that will forever burn and mark your soul-you’ve bewitched me, body and soul. I love you- and whether you do or don’t feel the same, my love is withstanding and unequivocal.” –Blake Knightly, Chasing Imperfection

“I couldn’t forget. I couldn’t break. She had the power to break me. No one had ever been given that power, ever.” –Cage York, While It Lasts

Krystal Angela Azucena: (@krystalangela1)

"Life is a book, and there are thousand pages I have not read yet" -William Owen Herondale

Natalie from Our Reading World: (@OurReadingWorld)

“Mara, if you're tired, I can hear it. If you're hurt, I can feel it. And if you lie, I will know it.” ―Noah Shaw, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

Author Melissa Petreshock: (@macpetreshock)

"We could go back to your house. I can stay with you always. We can know each other's bodies in every way, night after night. I could love you." –Eric Northman, Dead to the World

Melissa also provided us with a quote from one of her swoon-worthy men in her upcoming Stars & Souls Trilogy.

“I do not simply love you. I worship your every breath, your every heartbeat, find sustenance in the sound of your voice, and my life’s purpose in each smile which graces your lips.” –demigod Dante, Stars & Souls Trilogy

Do you have book boyfriends? Who are some of your favorites?

Hope you enjoyed my little discussion. Thanks Kaitlin for having me!!

********************************************************

My response to Crystal's questions:
I don't really call my book boyfriends my "book boyfriends." I don't know why.
My top three (the triangle): Adrian Ivashkov, Dante Walker, Kaidan Rowe (from Sweet Evil)
Top in NA: Holder from Hopeless
One of the top in YA contemporary: Dexter in This Lullaby

2 comments:

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.