Monday, September 23, 2013

Internationally Bookish: Interview #2 ~ Kate from Reading Under the Willow Tree


My second blogger interview is of Kate from Reading Under the Willow Tree! She's from the UK and has a very cute-looking blog where she reviews YA, NA, and Adult books. Feel free to go visit her blog and say hi! 

Welcome to Reading is My Treasure. I'm glad to be interviewing you!

First of all, tell me a little about yourself and your blog.
My name is Kate and I live in the UK. I am currently in my second year at Uni studying Environmental Sciences focusing on Oceanography & Geology. I run a book blog called Reading Under the Willow Tree. The blog has been alive for about a year and a half now and I try to post something everyday. I am a manic reader and can read really fast which means I normally get through a book a day. When I am not studying or reading or blogging I am at the cinema because I LOVE movies. I nearly started a movie review blog as well but decided that I would never have a social life if I did.
That's so cool that you're going to school for Environmental 
Sciences! That's one of my possible interests for school. :)
What was the last five star worthy book you read?
The last 5 star book I read was Maybe One Day by Mellisa Kantor which comes out early next year. It was amazing and had be in tears by the end. I hope it does really well.
I'm so glad you liked it! I got that book from Edelweiss, 
but I haven't read it yet.
What is your favorite genre and why?
Impossible question to answer! I have a very eclectic taste in books I literally like every genre and will read anything. I guess if I had to pick I would lean towards romance or science fiction but I also love fantasy, dystopian, contemporary & historicals as well.
I don't think I've read many UK YA books. What is one you would 
recommend reading?
I would recommend anything by Malorie Blackman who is the current Childrens Laureate. Slated by Teri Terry, anything by Elizabeth Wein, oh of course Harry Potter!
Lastly, can you tell me something interesting thing about the UK?
The river Thames is crossed by over 200 bridges

or

In Shakespeare’s time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. That’s where the phrase, “goodnight, sleep tight” came from.
I didn't know either of those things! I always find it interesting 
where those little sayings come from. 

Thank you for answering my questions!
********************************************************

What did you think of the interview? How would you have answered 
some of the questions I asked?

8 comments:

  1. Harry Potter *woot woot* That has to be a UK staple :D Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :)

      Harry Potter is an awesome series.

      Delete
  2. Woot~ Hello there, Kate. It's nice meeting a fellow Environmentalist. :D I am an En Scientist too and taking up an MS focusing on Natural Resources Management.

    And if I hear about UK, the first thing that comes to my mind is Harry Potter and Kate Middleton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often times think of things related to history class when I think of the UK . . .

      Delete
  3. Great interview! She sounds really nice. I love the little fun facts she gave.

    -Marianne @ Boricuan Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I wish I could read a book per day, and wow oceanology? That sounds really cool. I should have taken the environmental science course in my school, but I chose biology. Bad choice. I'm failing the class LOL. Well.. maybe I am.. idk. My favorite genre is Sci-Fi too and also Contemporary. The interesting fact is really cool :) I didn't know that's where that phrase came from! I'll go check out your blog :-)

    -leigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I don't have an environmental science course at my school. :(

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.