Sunday, September 22, 2013

Mini-Review ~ Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

Series: Of Poseidon #1
Genre: YA paranormal
Pages: 337
Publication date: May 22nd, 2012
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Link to Goodreads page

Goodreads Description:
Galen, a Syrena prince, searches land for a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. It’s while Emma is on vacation at the beach that she meets Galen. Although their connection is immediate and powerful, Galen's not fully convinced that Emma's the one he's been looking for. That is, until a deadly encounter with a shark proves that Emma and her Gift may be the only thing that can save his kingdom. He needs her help--no matter what the risk.
Source: Bought for Kindle
*This book was chosen for me to read through the September Secret Readers program

I have a confession to make: I don't really like mermaids. I just don't find them to be interesting, even though I keep trying to find them so. There's not a lot of mermaid books that I have read, but the ones that I have just don't seem to pull me in as much as books with other supernatural creatures. 

Of Poseidon had quite a few humorous moments. It wasn't a boring book. It just didn't leave a huge impression on me. Not a lot stood out. The characters weren't fantastic, though I did like most of them. There wasn't a hugely interesting plot, though it wasn't quite boring. I'm sorry I'm not being very detailed, but this is just one of those books that don't inspire me to write much of anything about it. 

Overall, I liked Of Poseidon, and I may even read the sequel sometime, but I am at a loss of what else to say about it. 

12 comments:

  1. I bought this book not long ago. I need to give it chance, cause I've not read any books with mermaids in them. I know what you mean though about certain paranormal categories. Faries books aren't my favorite. Or at least the ones that I've read.

    Anywy, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you enjoy the book when you read it!

      Delete
  2. I don't do many mermaids either, but glad this one had some funny moments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it didn't have those funny moments, I wouldn't have liked it a whole lot.

      Delete
  3. There were some definite slow parts in this one but I enjoyed it overall as well. Some of the humor made me laugh out loud, so that was probably my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beginning of this book just cracked me up. The humor was great. :)

      Delete
  4. I don't think everyone can enjoy mermaids. I don't really like them either and this was the first series I actually completed each book but you're right. This book isn't amazing but I find it quite a quick read and I enjoyed it. I don't think everyone can enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess part of why I didn't like this book as much as some other people is that I'm not a huge fan of quick paranormal type reads. I like to have "more" in them, and this one didn't have that. :(

      Delete
  5. I really hate having nothing to say about a book, it shows how much this book is unrecomendable. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't like writing reviews like this, but sometimes this is the best I can do for a book. :(

      Delete
  6. I chose this one for you!

    I'm so sorry you didn't like it! I'm not a big mermaids fan either, but I actually liked this one. I haven't read the second one, yet, though.

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.