Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My Aussie YA Wishlist

Here's another part of my Internationally Bookish theme. This goes hand in hand with this week's Lineup, but that list is made up of Aussie books I've already read. 

These are the Aussie books I am most interested in reading. Some are set in Australia, others may be set somewhere else but are written by Australian authors. 

I've included links to the books' Goodreads pages so you can check out their descriptions.


 All I Ever Wanted & Friday Brown by Vikki Wakefield
I've heard amazing things about Friday Brown from some of my international blogger friends, so I'm curious about that one and the author's other book.

Between the Lives by Jessica Shirvington
Well, okay, I'm curious largely because of the cover and the author (though I haven't read anything by her). It sounds interesting, though.


Cry Blue Murder by Kim Kane and Marion Roberts
I just discovered this. I like psychological thrillers, so I'm intrigued by it.

Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
I've been wanting to read this one so much for at least a year or two. It just seems like one I would love. Plus, I've heard the author is a good one.

Stolen: A Letter to My Captor by Lucy Christopher
I've heard it's good and it seems like one that would really pull at my heartstrings and my tear ducts.


Finnikin of the Rock and The Piper's Song by Melina Marchetta
I liked Jellicoe Road, so I would like to read more from the author. 

I'm curious. The cover is interesting and it's number one on the Best Australian YA Books listopia on Goodreads.

Sweet Damage by Rebecca James
I read Beautiful Malice, which was also by Rebecca James, and I thought it was an amazing book. The author seems to know how to write a good YA thriller.

Have you read any of these? Are there any you would like to read as well?

6 comments:

  1. Cry Blue Murder and Sweet Damage drew my eyes... They have such pretty covers!

    Sarah @ Kitties Like Books Too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is what first drew me to Cry Blue Murder. I love it!

      Delete
  2. Ooo nice selection!! Tomorrow When The War Began is excellent (so is the movie), and anything by Jessica Shirvington is A-MAZ-ING! Seriously she is my favourite author and can do no wrong IMO!! Hope you enjoy all the Aussie books! :)

    Amy @ The Reading Realm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a movie of Tomorrow When the War Began? Huh. I'll have to check that out. I've heard Jessica Shirvington was good, so I'm looking forward to reading a book by her.

      Delete
  3. I read Friday Brown and I wrote a review. I loved it, as an Australian myself I definitely try to get into Australian literature as it always seems America and the UK get the most attention.

    http://mycrazybookishworld.blogspot.com.au/search?q=Friday+Brown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The US and the UK get the bulk of the bookish attention. I don't think I've read a whole lot of UKYA, though.

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.