Friday, October 4, 2013

Guest Post ~ Brianna from Listful Booking: October Author Birthdays!

This is up a bit later than I hoped, but here it is! This week's guest post is written by Brianna from Listful Booking, which is a great blog that deserves more attention. I highly suggest checking it out (after you're done reading this post, of course). 

(Before you read on, I just want to share something cool about one of the dates below. I consider The Golden Compass to be the book where my passion for reading began. It's one of my all time favorites because of that, and guess what? Philip Pullman and I share a birthday, which I find to be just awesome.)

Anyway, enjoy the guest post!

********************************************************
Ah, October. This month there seems to be so much going on. Many bloggers are celebrating their birthdays (myself included), a lot of great books are being released (hello Allegiant!) and of course many authors are celebrating birthdays of their own-not just their books. Today I want to share 15 authors with you who are celebrating another year older.


October 2nd

Brenna Yovanoff is the author of The ReplacementThe Space Between, and Paper Valentine. I haven't read any of these yet, but they have been on my TBR list for awhile now.

October 3rd

Sara Zarr has written quite a few books. Some of her more popular ones include SweetheartsHow to Save a Life, and The Lucy Variations. Sweethearts was one of my favorite books of 2012 and I cannot wait until I get a copy of The Lucy Variations.

Colleen Houck is the author of the amazing Tiger Saga series. I've only read the first in the seires, Tiger's Curse, but so many fellow bloggers love the entire series.

October 5th

Aurelia B. Rowl is a fairly new author. Her second book, Popping the Cherry, was just released September 19th.

October 7th

Sherman Alexie has written numerous books, many of which are inspired by his experiences being a Native American. One of his more popular works is The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian.

October 8th

R.L. Stine is probably a recognizable name to most people, especially around my age. He wrote the famous Goosebumps series as well as the Fear Street series. There was even a tv show based off of the Goosebumps series.

October 13th

Lauren DeStefano is one of my favorite authors. She wrote the Chemical Garden trilogy and on the first of this month she released Perfect Ruin, the first in her new Internment Chronicles series. She got to celebrate both a book birthday AND her actual birthday this month.

October 19th

Philip Pullman wrote the His Dark Materials series among others. For The Amber Spyglass, he won the Whitbread Book of the Year-the first time a children book won.

Daniela Sacerdoti is an Italian young adult author. Dreams is the first in her Sarah Midnight series.

October 23rd

Gordon Korman has published more than 50 books. He has contributed to the 39 Clues middle grade series as well as branched out into other genres.

Alex Flinn is most known for her stories that are retellings of popular fairy tales, like Beastly.

Ashley Elston is a new author whose first book, The Rules for Disappearing, debuted in May of this year.

October 24th

Gabrielle Zevin has written a few books and has even won a few awards. Her most well-known book is Elsewhere.

October 30th

Ursula Poznanski is a German author. She has won awards for her children/young adult books. The main one I am aware of is Erebos, a science fiction young adult story.

October 31st

Katherine Paterson was born in China before moving to the United States. She has written many books although the one I am most familiar with is Bridge to Terabithia.




1 comment:

  1. That is so cool about Philip Pullman! The only person I know that shares my birthday (the 17th) is Eminem lol

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.