Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Looking Back on September

It's October! My favorite month. :)

September was . . . okay. Senior year is nice so far, but I'm not loving it yet.

Reading has been reeeeally slow lately. I've found that most days I'll go without reading a single page outside of school, which I'm going to make sure I don't do in October.

WHAT I READ 

AP Lit Reads
FAVORITE BOOK I READ IN SEPTEMBER
Eleanor & Park 
(review is coming soon)

BOOK STATS:
Ratings:
-5 stars: 1 
-4 stars: 3
-3.5 stars: 1
-3 stars: 3
Average rating:  3.68 stars

REVIEWS POSTED
Timepiece by Myra McEntire
3:59 by Gretchen McNeil (My first pre-pub ARC review)
Let Me Go by L.L Akers (My first book tour review)
I Breathe You by Lori L. Clark
Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins
Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
The List by Siobhan Vivian

FUN STUFF THAT HAPPENED THIS MONTH
  • I was accepted in V Mafia! 
  • I posted my very first ARC review before the book published.
  • My first month theme was Internationally Bookish--I was able to fit in a few good posts for that.
  • I reorganized my bookshelf, so it looks so much better than it did before. (I might post a few pictures when I have time.)
  • I came up with a nicer looking review format, and made a few improvements to my blog design/layout. If you haven't noticed, that includes the "Follow Me" and "Currently Reading" banners and the social media icons. I also changed the background to white instead of what it was before, but I can barely notice that myself.
  • I made an email for this blog and updated my policies and contact pages. 
  • I added a page to Reading is My Treasure. It's my TBR List.
  • I got accepted into Team Unbreathable. :) (I have plans for this book this month. I just need to finish it.)

FUN STUFF TO LOOK FORWARD TO IN OCTOBER
  • My October theme is called It's My Birthday, and I'll Read if I Want To. The kickoff for that will probably be Friday (with a guest post) and late Saturday (with some sort of post from me). I hope to include these things in the event:
    • A few birthday related posts (book birthdays and others)
    • A few book blitz for books released in October
    • Birthday/Halloween related guest posts
    • A few interviews (I have one right now; I would be glad to do more)
    • Two (maybe) giveaways  from me and a few through book blitz
  • I'm turning 18, so I'll be celebrating with my birthday theme along with a few other things. I decided over the summer that I would sign up for Netgalley on my birthday. I'm also thinking of trying out the Amazon Affiliate program so I could raise a little bit of money to go towards giveaways.
  • I'm thinking of trying out another feature to spotlight random books on my bookshelf. There are a ton of them I've never mentioned to you guys!
  • Oh, and I've been nominated for the Liebster Award, so that post is coming up soon.

LASTLY, THANK YOU TO . . . 

All of you who made a guest post for me in September or participated in an interview: Charli, Arianne, Crystal, Meredith, Francoise, Mia, Estelle, and Kate. I really appreciate it! 

How was your month? 

3 comments:

  1. It seems like you had a really awesome September! You read some great books - Eleanor & Park and 3:59 - and you did some exciting blog things - like the V Mafia and the ARC review! I had so much fun doing that guest post! Thanks for letting me! :)

    October sounds like it's going to be so exciting, too! Happy Birthday Month!!!! I'm looking forward to all the birthday and Halloween related posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Fun! :) You've read so much and you joined the V Mafia and Team Unbreathable xD
    Awesome... Happy Birthday Month to you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read Eleanor & Park and Ender's Game! I saw the movie trailer for the Ender's Game and I was like I HAVE TO GET IT RIGHT NOW! I really loved Lord of the Flies. It's a really cool classic book, and I like how it's full of metaphors. Hope you have a fantastic October and woot woot for turning 18 this month!

    -leigh

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.