Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October Birthday Event Kick Off with Blogger Interview!


I know. It's already been October for awhile, but here it is! This is my October theme:

It's My Birthday (and I'll Read if I Want To)

I'm not one to throw birthday parties, so I thought this would be a cool way to celebrate! I'm turning 18 on October 19th. As far as I can tell, my day is going to consist of eating, volunteering, reading, blogging, chatting, relaxing, and whatever else (oh, and partying at the @FeedMyReads FB party with Erin Alberts). 

Instead of just celebrating on one day, I'm making this a month long event where I will be celebrating the birthdays of other bloggers and of YA books. With school, though, I have no idea how much I'll actually get accomplished, but I hope I'll get a lot of things done and bring to you some fun posts!

Possible upcoming posts . . . 
50 Facts Tag (so you can learn more about me)
Liebster Award (I've been nominated a b
Random birthday or non-birthday bookish and non-bookish memories 
Birthday/Halloween Related guest posts
Giveaways (one or two from me)
Book birthday celebrations
. . . and whatever else I can come up with and fit in. :)

I feel like just getting on with the first official piece of the event:

I have interviewed Kezia from Chapterosity! She's a teen and, as you have probably guessed already, she loves YA. Her blog is so cute (look at that button; isn't it adorable?), and guess what? Her birthday is on October 9th, so go wish her a happy birthday! (She's from Indonesia, so it should be her birthday by the time this post is published.)
Chapteriosity
First of all, thank you for being a part the special October birthday event happening here on Reading is My Treasure! Can you tell me a little more about yourself and your blog?
Hey Kaitlin! I'd also like to thank you for featuring me on your lovely blog today! My name is Kezia and I'm a 14-year-old girl who lives in Indonesia. I obviously love reading, but I also like watching anime or reading manga. My favorite genres have always been fantasy, sci-fi and mystery, but I've enjoyed some contemporaries as well. I started blogging in December 2012 and I think that's one of the best decisions I ever made! My blog mainly features YA book reviews, discussions and occasional random posts. 
What has been one of the most rewarding parts of being a book blogger?
Aside from the awesome community, being a book blogger makes me know what books are hot and which genre is trending! (Which leads to me adding unreasonable number of books to my TBR...) I also realize that since I started blogging I've become more tolerant about difference in opinions. Sometimes I have to disagree but I will mostly keep it to myself.
What October book release are you looking forward to the most?
October is an amazing month for me (not only because it's my birth month) but OMG, the books! THE HOUSE OF HADES! <3 And what makes it even more special is the release date for HoH is a day earlier from my birthday! AND ALLEGIANT! Can't wait to know how the series ends! :3
What is the best bookish birthday memory you have?
Eeeh...since I only have one, I guess getting Insurgent as a birthday present is definitely awesome! My aunt bought me the book :P
It’s your birthday and you can have anything you want! Fill in the 
blanks below to complete your wishlist:

The three books I would like to receive as presents would be _____
The House of Hades, Allegiant and The Coldest Girl in Coldtown! 
The one book I would want to share the love of and give 
away on my blog would be ______
Antigoddess! I absolutely love fantasy, especially Greek mythology and this book really made me feel nostalgic of PJO :P IT'S THAT GOOD.
 The one author (dead or alive) I would like to have 
lunch with would be ______
Eeh...I have no idea for this... Veronica Roth, maybe?
Some of the book characters I would invite to my 
birthday party would be ______
Magnus Bane to heat up the party, Elise Dembowski (from This Song Will Save Your Life) to DJ, Annabeth Chase -- I feel like this girl and I are going to get a long so well! And well, Uriah since he's one of my favorite characters :P
The book world I would most like to spend my 
birthday in would be ______
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. The setting is so unique and I really want to know what kind of Grisha I'd be if I were one :)
Thank you, Kezia, for answering my questions! 
I hope you have a fantastic birthday.

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR THE 19TH My younger brothers birthday is the 15th of October!!! So close. Great interview and having a birthday month sounds good! You deserve it since you're turning 18. A legal adult in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the interview, Kaitlin! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.