Saturday, October 12, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (6) ~ Some Honorable Mentions

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we share what books we have recently added to our physical or virtual shelves.

My last Stacking the Shelves was from September 21st, so here are all the books I've added to my bookshelves since then.


Clarification: I did not get Allegiant. I got The World of Divergent: The Path to Allegiant, which is free on Amazon. I believe it's just bonus content.

As you can see, I've gotten a lot of books in the last three weeks. The good thing is that I only spent money on five of them--and all of those were on sale. The bad thing is it's a lot of books to list out and make links for, so I'm just going to give links to the honorable mentions (AKA the most significant additions to my bookshelf).

Fangirl and Eleanor & Park (not pictured)
I've actually already read Eleanor & Park (review coming soon), but I've barely touched Fangirl. I will get to it soon, though. I'm determined to. 

Not a Drop to Drink
I absolutely could not resist getting this one when I saw it was only $4.99. I'd been waiting all year for this book,  so I didn't even think before I clicked the buy button. I just had to do it.

Play With Me
I've heard this one was pretty good, and it sounds like a cute and quick read. 

This was a Waiting on Wednesday choice during the summer, and I found it as ARR in one of the Goodreads groups I'm in. How cool is that? I was so excited to find it. It was like I found a surprise present waiting for me. 

I got this through Edelweiss shortly before it came out on October 1st, but thankfully I still have awhile to read it. I'll be getting to this one real soon.

This one is really good! I got accepted into Hafsah's street team and was given an e-ARC of the book, and I read it that same week. My review is on it's way, but I will tell you now that it's definitely worth your time. 
This was a class read for my AP Lit class. It's actually a response to Lord of the Flies, but it's a more realistic situation and instead of the boys becoming savage like, they form bonds with one another and essentially become more humane.

Every trimester, I have to pick a book from a different section of the class list and analyze it. Since I wanted a more modern book for the first trimester, I decided on this one! I'm actually trying something different by reading this one because I stay away from reading religious books. I've only 70 pages so far (out of 543), but the writing is so good. I'm pretty sure I'll really like this one.

Thank you to Jennie Bates Bozic, Hafsah Laziaf, HMH Books for Young Readers, Nichole @ YA ReadsL.M. Augustine, Read Books and Live Green, and Laura Pauling for the books!

These were all the books I got in the last three weeks. What did you get?

28 comments:

  1. Ooh Great Haul Kaitlin! You recieved some lovely books. I loved Eleanor and Park and I need to get my hands on a copy of Fangirl, I'm so excited to read it! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely haul Kaitlin, I really want to read Fangirl when it comes out but it's only out in hardback at the moment. Enjoy your reads!

    Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang girl that's lots of awesome book you got there (: I really want to read Click to Subscribe! It sounds like a cute contemporary read. Not a Drop to Drink is also a book I've been eyeing on since it came out! and OMG you got Allegiant!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been eyeing Not a Drop to Drink for a very long time.

      Delete
  4. WOW you have a lot to read. I thought my 5 books were a lot to read. I've heard Not A Drop to Drink and Play with Me is good. And OMG ALLEGIANT!!! Have fun reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing what everyone gets each week. You have a great haul. I am a new follower, love to have you follow back.
    Click here to go to my Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! I haven't heard of some of these books so I am definitely going to check them out on Goodreads! But The Raven Boys was a very good book! I have Eleanor & Park but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet! Happy reading to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY for Allegiant! And The First Star to Fall! And Fangirl! I really liked Fangirl. Wait no - I LOVED Fangirl :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous weekend :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also got Fangirl this week! I've already read it and it is awesome! Have fun reading your books!

    Here's my STS post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha. I was already on the verge of screaming after seeing Allegiant. Good thing you immediately wrote the disclaimer. Some of these books were really new to me except for Fangirl, The Path to Divergent, The Raven Boys and Iron's Prophecy. I've already finished Fangirl 2 weeks ago (I think). Sadly, it didn't work for me. I would love to see your opinion of it. :D I still have hopes for Eleanor and Park and Attachments though. Hahahah.

    Thanks for dropping by my Thoughts and Pens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need Not A Drop To Drink but have not seen it anywhere, will finally give in and order it online I think! =D I've been seeing Fangirl everywhere at the minute, may have to give that one a try. Enjoy them all. My STS

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Raven Boys! Loved that. I can't wait to read Not A Drop To Drink (I still need to buy it...) Some great books, hope you enjoy them! :)

    Heres mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That is an impressive haul. I got Fangirl after hearing about how great it was from basically everyone in the blogging community and I'm excited to get to it.
    Not a Drop to Drink was a powerful read and I hope you like it.
    Enjoy!

    Nick - My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your books! Lol, it looks like I'm not the only one who isn't religious about the StS meme! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to do it every two weeks, but I sometimes forget.

      Delete
  14. Some amazing books up there! Hope you enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.