Saturday, October 26, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (7) ~ Gifts, Prizes, and Netgalley

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we share what books we have recently added to our physical or virtual shelves.

My last Stacking the Shelves was from October 12th, so here are all the books I've added to my bookshelves since then.

This is . . . yet another big haul, but it wasn't an expensive one.  Out of everything, I spent about six dollars, and two of that was on a book I forgot to post in the last STS post. 

The ebook I forgot to mention last time

Bought since last STS
 

Free ebooks


Birthday Load
I went to the bookstore on Saturday, and I got some pretty awesome books. 


I finally got a Gayle Forman book. I've been saying to other bloggers that I haven't read any of her books, but that I really, really needed to. And I finally did it! I started it on Saturday and stayed up all night until I reached the end. 

The rest of the books I got were hardcovers. 



Giveaways

I've actually read the four in the middle, but I read the first three from the library and the fourth one on my kindle. Now I finally have the books, and can continue the series!

Swag and book from the Debut Authors Bash hosted by YA Reads


Thank you to all of you that sent me prizes!

For Review

Netgalley
I'm now a member of Netgalley! It was a birthday present to myself, and here are the first books I'll be reading from there:

From the "Read Now" section: 

Thank you to Random House Children's!

Thank you to Amazon Children's Publishing!


For Tour


Not a book, but some book swag
Thank you Hafsah!

 ********************************************************
Remember to enter to win Unbreathable by Hafsah Laziaf from me! 
Go here to enter. The giveaway is ending in a few days. 
 ********************************************************

That's what I got in the last two weeks! What about you? 

15 comments:

  1. So many great books! The Burning Sky...I absolutely loved it, one of the best books I've read in awhile. And Time Between Us, also loved it...such a great book! And Evolution of Mara Dyer is one of my favorite series, I can't wait for Retribution. Meant to Be was so good, I was excited to get Being Sloane Jacobs too. Have fun reading! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you liked all of those books! It makes me even more excited to read them.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any Gayle Forman either... I want to though.

    I need to buy The Evolution of Mara Dyer, and really want to read The Burning Sky. I love the Heroes of Olympus series and hope you do too.

    So much Iron Fey!! I own all of those except Iron Legends (which I plan to buy eventually). I want to read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children eventually too.

    Great haul :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept telling my self to get The Evolution of Mara Dyer for a very, very long time. It felt like forever before I finally decided to just get the book.

      Delete
  3. Arclight is so pretty :) And I loved The Burning Sky! Like, lovedlovedloved. Historical fantasy is my FAVORITE genre :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you loved The Burning Sky! I'm really excited about reading it. :)

      Delete
  4. Oooh great haul this week, lucky you for winning all those goodies! Enjoy Netgalley, you're going to have a blast with it.

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling I will have fun with it. :)

      Delete
  5. Looks like you will be busy reading! You got some amazing books. Come and see what I got at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're a lucky with all your wins. :) i have sloane jacobs too. i hope we both enjoy it. thanks for stopping by our StS and happy reading!

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! Love the Iron Fey books especially!
    Check out my STS

    And while you're at my blog, be sure to enter my Fierce Reads Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got so many really great books. I have the Iron Fey series and I still haven't read it, though I've read the spin off one with The Lost Prince, and will read The Iron Traitor soon. I am a backwards person sometimes though - LOL - I will get to them eventually. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by my STS.

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.