Friday, November 22, 2013

2014 Series Challenge! (Goals)

Series Challenge Button take2
I can't resist a good challenge. I just can't, especially when it's a year long one hosted by Octavia from Read. Sleep. Repeat. So, I'm joining in on the fun (and it will be a ton of fun) and am going to challenge myself to finish some series that I really need to complete.


My Goals

Gold Badge

I am aiming for at least the gold badge, which is for completing 7-11 series during the year. 

Here are the series I'm interested in reading (I know I'm forgetting a few, so I may be reading something outside this list). I probably won't finish them all (how cool would that be, though?), but I would love to get through a good amount of them. 

SERIES
(I included the number of books I would need to read in order to finish that series.)


HAVEN'T STARTED 

Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor (3)
Slammed by Colleen Hoover (3)
The Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan (5)
Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten by Julie Kagawa (3)
Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkein (I'm currently reading the first one) (3)
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (3)
Crewel by Gennifer Albin (2/3 (I'm not sure when the third releases)

STARTED BUT HAVEN'T COMPLETED

Divergent by Veronica Roth (1)
The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare (1)
Breathing by Rebecca Donovan
Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan (1)
Hourglass by Myra McEntire (1)
Revenants by Amy Plum (1)
Across the Universe by Beth Revis (1)
The Chemical Garden by Lauren DeStefano (1)
Graceling Realm by Kristin Cashore (1)
Newsoul by Jodi Meadows (2)
Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (2)
Dante Walker by Victoria Scott (2)
Goddess Test by Aimee Carter (2)
The Pledge by Kimberly Derting (2)
Poison Princess by Kresley Cole (2)
Gone by Michael Grant (2)
Cahill Witch Chronicles (2)
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (2)
Septimus Heap by Angie Stone (3)
Eragon by Christopher Paolini (3)


Which series from my list (or off it) do you recommend I complete?
Are you going to join in on fun and join this challenge with me?

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You really should! It's going to be a very fun challenge!

      Delete
  2. Already working on my joining post! I didn't realized I have so many series to finish next year! Not to mention the ones I'll start reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really fun! Hope you finish those series! I really want to finish the Divergent trilogy, but I'm purposefully putting it off because I want to read the books a week before the movie comes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to reread the series before the movie too. Maybe that's when I'll read Allegiant.

      Delete
  4. YAY!!! I'm so happy you decided to join the challenge! We actually have a lot of series in common so it'll be fun to see if our reading schedules overlap on some of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for this challenge! I really like challenges that take place over a longer period of time. :)

      Delete
  5. Such great series! Throne of Glass is one of my favorite series ever, so hope you enjoy! And I'm actually reading Ten Tiny Breaths now, but didn't add it to my challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard Throne of Glass is really good and I have the feeling I'll love it! This challenge gives me a very good reason to get started on that series.

      Delete
  6. I'm writing my challenge post. excited about this :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already finished reading the Revenants series.. Such a good series! I definitely hope you enjoy it too.. I'm not sure if I'm ready for the Mara Dyer series to end!! How do you think it's going to end? I have so many theories and scenarios playing throughout my head. How Michelle ended Evolution was my undoing.. Gah! I've also read the first book of the Dante Walker series, do you know if the second one is any good?

    I'm really excited about this challenge :) - Lucille

    http://lucillenaomi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the first in the Revenants series, but the second one was a bit "eh" for me. I still want to complete the series, though. I have no idea how the Mara Dyer series will end. I've only read the first one (and I loved it!) and only got a copy of the second book last month. As for the Dante Walker series, I've heard the second book is great. I absolutely loved The Collector, so I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy the sequel. :)

      I'm really excited for this challenge too. :)

      Delete
  8. This sounds like an awesome challenge and I might join in too. Especially if it's running for the whole year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please join! It's going to be a lot of fun, and since it's a year long challenge, you have a lot of time to read the series you want to finish.

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.