Sunday, November 17, 2013

Design Changes!

You notice something different, right? 

I've been trying to make this blog look better for awhile now by changing my review format and adding some banners to the margins, but today I decided to play around with the blog and see how it would look if I added a new background and take away the left margin. Then I decided to change the colors, the fonts, and the heading . . . and it looked so much better than before.

I'm really excited about the changes I made. My blog looks so much more open and clean than before. Is it as good as if I had a blog designer create a new design for me? No. But I think I'll be happy with this design for awhile. 

That being said . . .

I'm still working on the details of the blog, so if you come here regularly, you may notice new things appearing or small alterations being made. This is just a heads up so you know what's going here. 

Here are some of the things I want to add to my blog:
  • Drop down tabs - I want these so bad. You have no idea.
  • Change description (but I still want to keep the quote somewhere)
  • Get an actual header - Headers are the first thing that catches my eye when I visit blogs, so I want to make (or have one made) that looks a lot better.
  • A blog button that goes with my header.
  • New banners in the margins - The current ones are just not working for me. I just want something that looks nicer. 
What are your thoughts on the design changes? Do you have any tips or suggestions for me?

12 comments:

  1. I love the changes you've made! The colors are gorgeous and the header font is pretty and readable (which can be an issue with script fonts sometimes). Good luck with the rest of your changes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU in terms of headers ><
    And, like Meredith said, I love the new colors~

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome Kaitlin, I love the new colours and your heading text! Keep up the good work, it looks amazing. I actually got my header designed by a friend because I'm really bad at that sort of stuff. She also designed the blog button for me too, perhaps you could see whether you know anyone who could do something like that for you?

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully! I'm not very good with headers and buttons. I never know what to do with them.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I really like your new design, Kaitlin! I love how blue and purple are blended together b/c they are my favorite colors. I'm excited to see more of your designs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right it looks so nice now. I think the black background before just was to in your face if that makes any sense. Now it just looks nice and simple. Simple always does the job. But you know, with your blog title you could have a really cool header.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. When I picture a header for my blog, I always picture it with a wooden treasure chest on it. It would look so cool!

      Delete
  6. I like your new design.
    I'm also redesigning my blog so I get the constant changes.

    I just got my header and blog button. done by @areebasiddique
    very affordable

    I'm trying to create banners, contact buttons and a signature

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.