Friday, November 29, 2013

Review ~ Crash Into You by Katie McGarry

Series: Pushing the Limits #3
Genre: YA contemporary
Pages: 489 (for Kindle edition)
Publication date: November 26, 2013
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Goodreads Description: 
From acclaimed author Katie McGarry comes an explosive new tale of a good girl with a reckless streak, a street-smart guy with nothing to lose, and a romance forged in the fast lane 

The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind. 

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look. 

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other. 
Source: I received an e-arc of this book through Edelweiss. Thank you, Harlequin!

As I expected, I absolutely adored this book! Katie McGarry did it again: she told a story that I got swept up ina story that reminds me why I consider contemporary to be my favorite genre. 

THE ROMANCE

Not surprisingly, I loved the romance.

I liked how Isaiah and Rachel didn't butt heads very often. They didn't take forever to realize their feelings for each other and they didn't spend a long time pushing each other away. They kind of . . . embraced their feelings early on and worked through complications together. The two did come across many knots in their relationship, but more times than not, they were willing to work together and stand up for one another because they cared for each other too much to throw things away when things got rough. It was a refreshing relationship. The two fell for each other fast, but within good reason. Isaiah and Rachel truly got to know each other before they admitted their feelingsthey spent a lot of time together and it didn't feel like a rushed relationship.

CONNECTIONS

As always, I loved the connections in this book to the previous ones in the series. I really liked seeing familiar characters again, but I also loved meeting a whole new cast of characters that I know I'll meet again in McGarry's next novels. 

CHARACTERS

Isaiah: He was loyal and so willing to make sacrifices for the ones he loves (his family), and I thought he went really with Rachel. Even though he tried to push her away a few times, he was never successful because he never truly wanted to let her go. I loved how he accepted his feelings for hereit was like he wasn't able to let her go or make a big effort to push her away. He never seemed to . . . hide the way he felt, and that was such a nice thing to see in this book.

Rachel: I loved her growth, her weakness, and her innocence. I loved how she never denied her feelings for Isaiahshe was always loyal. I loved how, with the help of Isaiah, she became a much more strong and confident girl than she thought she could ever be. Furthermore, I loved how she had a passion for carsit made her different than the average innocent heroine that falls for the "bad" guy. The author did a great job with this character.

Abby: She was so funny! She had a spunky attitude, but also a very vulnerable side. I would love to see her have her own book. It would be nice to more know more about her. 

Logan: I didn't expect him to be in the book, but I did like his presence. 

Rachel's brothers (primarily West and Ethan): I liked how protective they wereall they wanted was for their little sister to be safe. They came off a little too strong often, but through it all, I could tell they really loved Rachel and were being protective for what they felt were good reasons. 

OVERALL

McGarry doesn't disappoint: Crash Into You is another fantastic contemporary romance that left me craving more. I recommend this to all contemporary fans and anyone who can't resist some seriously good romance and a great set of characters.

My questions for you:

Have you read many books with a special focus on cars?
Do you have a weakness for good contemporary romances like I do?
Have you read this or any other book by Katie McGarry?

2 comments:

  1. Yay I'm glad you liked it! I reviewed this one a while ago as well and I really loved it! It's probably my favorite one out of the whole series so far. Isaiah is too sexy haha ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.