Friday, November 8, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (8) ~ Good Books and a Week in Review

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we share what books we have recently added to our physical or virtual shelves.

(I added something new to the bottom of the post. It's a short overview of my week.)

My last Stacking the Shelves was from October 26th, so here are all the books I've added to my bookshelves since then. (Each cover is linked to the books' Goodreads pages.)

Bought for Kindle


Perfect Ruin and Silver Linings Playbook were both on sale, and I couldn't resist either one of them. And, of course, I had to get Sentinel the day it came out because I love that series and Jennifer L. Armentrout's books.

Downloaded from Edelweiss

Thank you so much to HarperCollins for auto-approving me! It was one of my most exciting moments as a reviewer, and I'm definitely going to read and review as many of the titles as I can. I've only downloaded three so far: The Promise of Amazing and Avalon because I want to read them soon, and Panic because I am incredibly excited to read it.



Thank you to Harlequin Teen! I'm really excited to read both of these books. I'll be reading Crash Into You this weekend, and I just know it'll be amazing. I love Katie McGarry's books, and contemporary romances like hers never seem to let me down.

Arrived in Mail


This was a complete and total surprise to get Altered in the mail the day before it released. Thank you to Gennifer Albin! I had no idea it was coming, but I'm glad it did! I haven't read Crewel yet, but it's been bumped up on my priority list. 


Thank you to Kendare Blake for sending it and Erleen @ Books for YA! for hosting the giveaway! It's such a gorgeous book--one worthy of a spot on my bookshelf.


The Week's Posts Here on Reading is My Treasure

I had three posts in the last week (I'll go ahead and include Friday):
Three Words That Defined My Week

Food
I cooked and prepared food for myself, my family, and my teacher (it was for a system she has set up; we sign up to have her write a letter of recommendation and we make her food for a whole week) all week. It was a ton of fun! I got to try a few new recipes (like sweet and sour chicken, which turned out so yummy), which I always like to do.

Enervation
*Yawn*
I have such a bad sleeping schedule, but I was so much more exhausted this week than usual. I'm not sure why, but--*yawn*--I'm just really tired. 

Homework
I had a lot of homework this week, as usual. 

Well, that was my week! How was yours? What books did you add to your shelves?

Have an amazing weekend, everyone. :-)

26 comments:

  1. I'm doing NetGalley November as well this month. Hoping to bring down my huge pile of e-galleys. Nice haul of books. I heard good things about Crash Into You. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some amazing books you received this week! Altered looks really great and I can't wait to read Perfect Ruin. Your Edelweiss haul is similar to my one a few weeks back hehe.

    Here's my STS this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people have been getting similar Edelweiss hauls lately. :)

      Delete
  3. You got a lot of amazing books! Everyone's raving about Antigoddess and Silver Linings Playbook so I might have to pick up those two books soon. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silver Linings Playbook is an awesome movie. I would like to see if the book is too. :)

      Thank you. Happy reading to you to!

      Delete
  4. Such a lovely haul! I loved Sentinel and Crash into You so much. I have Panic and Avalon too, and I'm so excited to read them. Really need to read Antigoddess as well.

    My haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised to hear that you loved Sentinel and Crash Into You. They're both from fantastic series. :)

      Delete
  5. Some really amazing books. We have quite a lot in common this week. Perfect Ruin looks good, I've been thinking about buying it for a while now. Hope you enjoy all your reads. My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really excited for Sentinel. I have the book but I haven't gotten too it yet. It'll be sad to finish the series but at the same time exciting.
    Enjoy your fabulous books this week! :)

    Nick - My Haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Sentinel is going to be great. How can it not? So, I'm really excited about it too.

      Thank you. I definitely will enjoy my books!

      Delete
  7. Awesome, awesome books this week, Kaitlin! Love the copy of Altered and the swag that came with it. I can not wait to see these reviews, enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will enjoy them! Thank you. :)

      Delete
  8. Awesome Haul! I've been DYING to read Altered! Hope you enjoy it! :) Thanks for stopping by my STS @ Addicted Readers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for stopping by mine.

      Delete
  9. I initially thought that Panic was a series so I held off from reading it for fear that it's going to be amazing and the wait for the sequel would be devastating. But from what I've gathered, it is a standalone novel, so yay! I am bumping to the top of my TBR list now.

    Hope you enjoy your books, Kaitlin! And thanks for stopping by!

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that would be great if Panic was a standalone. It would be one less series to keep up with.

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. You got sooo many awesome books, Kaitlin! I still need to read Crewel. I'm kind of sad about the cover change but whatever. And I'm dying to read Crash Into You! I really loved the sequel, so I'm looking forward into reading the next one. The Promise of Amazing looks like a cute read (: I'll check that one out. Happy reading x

    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sad about the cover change too, and I actually didn't care much for the covers until I got Altered--it's absolutely gorgeous in print. It's way more pretty than the digital version.

      Happy reading to you too. :)

      Delete
  11. I hope you enjoy all of these! Panic looks really good, and I can't wait to read that one. I'm excited to start my first Lauren Oliver book since I've never read her Delirium series. Hope you're able to get more sleep next week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I get more sleep too! I really need it. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  12. I'm currently reading Avalon, it's amazing! Enjoy ;)
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Kaitlin, I nominated your blog for the Liebster Award! Check out my other nominees and questions, and should you choose to accept, let me know when you make your own post! :) http://skizzles22hu.blogspot.com/2013/11/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.