Monday, December 9, 2013

Epic Recs: December

Judith from Paper Riot and Amber from Books of Amber came up this great feature! The point of Epic Recs is to, basically, force others to read books you loved. After you sign up, you are assigned a partner. Then, the two of you choose a book rec for the other to read that month! It's really simple, and it's a great way to get someone else to read a book you loved and to try out new books.

If you are interested in signing up for Epic Recs, or in finding out more about it, go here.

My partner is Nina from The Sea of Pages!

I recommended:


This is probably one of the books I push the most offline. Whenever I get into a book recommending mode, I seem to always mention Angelfall. I'm even giving a copy to my friend for Christmas. It's just an awesome book, and I hope Nina likes it!

Nina recommended:
.

I'm excited to read this! Apparently, it's full of feels, which I love. A copy of the book should be at my house on Wednesday (it was only $3.60 on Amazon!), so I hope to get to it soon.

What do you think of our book recs for each other? 

8 comments:

  1. What a fun idea!! I might have to do this sometime in the future too!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's a great thing to try at least once.

      Delete
  2. Ooh I've heard about this feature before and it seems like a lot of fun! I think I'll try soon since I'm not as busy during Christmas break :) I hope you enjoy The Sky is Everywhere (I haven't read that one either)..

    -Ariella @ Secrets of Lost Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. I am so tempted to join this event, Kaitlin. However, I am so socially awkward that I don't even know how to tell someone to read a book that I like. And it would be awkward to talk to someone I barely knew. Huhuhuhu.

    I hope that you will both like the books that you have recommended to each other. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still recommend you try the event. :) It would be something new for you! And I think you would have a great time with it.

      Delete
  4. That's such a cool idea! It's like having a reading buddy and then you can discuss and rave about the books you read. Whoever came up with the idea is a genius

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.