Saturday, December 28, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (11) ~ Christmas Haul

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we share what books we have recently added to our physical or virtual shelves.

My last Stacking the Shelves was from December 7th (it's been awhile!), so here are all the books I've added to my bookshelves since then. (Each cover is linked to the books' Goodreads pages.)

Free on Amazon

I almost signed up for the book tour or book blitz on this one, but I passed.

Bought for Kindle

Oh, they look so good! The Bone Season and Scorched were deals, and I couldn't resist them. Fracture Me just popped up on my kindle when it was released (it was a pre-order), and I liked Backward Compatible's book description too much to not get it.

Won (Digital)


I won this during a #readingcram reading sprint. Thank you, @juliababyjen! And thank you to David Estes for donating the book!

For Review (Digital)


I've already read Salt! My review will be up sometime this week. 

Witch Fall is for a tour. I liked the first book, so I think I'll like the prequel. First Kiss has music in it, and since I have a weakness for books with music in it, I couldn't say no to reviewing it. And We Stay reminds me a lot of another I liked, so I'm really curious about it. The bottom three are new adults that I'm really interested in getting to soon, but at the same time I'm nervous about them because I'm not a big fan of recent NAs.

Special thanks to Entangled Teen, Rachel from Mark My Words Book Publicity, Ann Marie Frohoff, Giselle from Xpresso Book Tours, and Random House Children's!

For Review (Print)

It's my very first print ARC from a publisher!! Thank you, Scholastic!

New Print Books

I bought The Sky is Everywhere (I read it on Christmas - amazing book!), The Pledge (I read this book two years ago and now I finally have a copy!), Live Through This (it was a good price), and The Disenchantments (it has been at the top of my wishlist for at least a year).

I sent my mom out with my money to buy These Broken Stars for me while she did her Christmas shopping. It'll be my next non-review copy I read.

The rest of the books are from Christmas! Shades of Earth, Loud Awake and Lost, Goodbye, Rebel Blue, Strands of Bronze and Gold, and Out of Easy. My mom bought them all off of a wishlist I gave her. (Four out of five of them have green on the covers/spines, by the way. I found this funny because my mom's favorite color is green.)

That was my haul of books from the last three weeks! What books have you recently added to your bookshelf?

38 comments:

  1. Woohoo you got a really nice haul! You should read Shades of Earth asap, I freakin' love that book and the rest of the books in the trilogy. Beth Revis is such an amazing writer. I'm really curious on what The Bone Season is about. I heard that it's really good. I hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shades of Earth is really high up on my personal TBR! I have a goal to finish a lot of series in 2014, and that's one I plan to finish. I've heard The Bone Season is good, too, so I decided I might as well have in on my kindle and give it a try sometime.

      Delete
  2. Awesome haul and congrats on your first print ARC that's soo exciting!! Hopefully it's something you will like! Enjoy reading and thanks for visiting (and answering my question)!

    S.Huston @ Head In The Clouds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it does turn out to be good! Victoria Scott wrote one of my favorite books of the year, so I'm quite glad my first ARC is by her. :)

      You're welcome!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous stack!!! I have Witch Fall and Salt for review too. Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope we both like Witch Fall! I hope you enjoy Salt as much as I did. :)

      Delete
  4. The Disenchantments is one of my favorite books about road trips. It was really good. I love that you have it to read. And Mindi Scott's Live Through This is good too. I loved her book Freefall. If you haven't read it yet and like emotional reads, then you should add it to your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation! I love emotional reads. :)

      Delete
  5. I really liked Fracture Me. The Sky is Everywhere is such a good book, oh my gosh. I cried so hard. Awesome haul!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really nice haul!! Many books I want to read.

    I own The Bone Season (but haven't read it yet) and have only heard great things about it, same with These Broken Stars. Scorched I got from Netgalley but haven't read yet either... It sounds good though cause DRAGONS.

    Congrats on getting your first print ARC! I want to read Fire and Flood and hope you enjoy it :) Strands of Bronze and Gold and Out of the Easy are two other books I wished lived on my shelves...

    Thanks for stopping by my haul post! Hope you have a great week reading and a Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the dragons are what made me interested in Scorched. Thank you. :)

      Delete
  7. Congrats on your first print ArC! I got my first one a few weeks ago from Tor Teen. Isn't it exciting?! I really want to read The Bone Season! I also got These Broken Stars. I hear it's amazing :)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    -Dee @ Dee's Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice haul.

    I have added "Backward Compatible" on to my Wish List. It sounds like a great book. (OK, I admit it, I have geeky tendencies).

    "And We Stay" is on my Wish List. I hope it receives a Kindle release in the UK.

    Please feel free to check out my Christmas Haul at http://thewanderingbookworm.wordpress.com/2013/12/28/book-haul-christmas-2013-haul/

    Enjoy your reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read Backward Compatible, and it is really good! I hope you'll check it out some time. Thank you. :)

      Delete
  9. I've never heard of Backward Compatible but it looks really, really good! I just love that cover.
    ALSO! The Bone Season is awesome. I hope you love it.

    ALSO! ALSO! Congrats on your first ARC :-) It's a cool rite of passage. :-)

    Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The first ARC is a rite of passage I'm glad I got to experience. :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my STS! Wow, you got some great books this week! I can't wait to read Fracture Me and Fire & Flood. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool haul. I'd love to read And We Stay :)

    Happy New Year!

    My Book Haul

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm dying to read These broken stars!! I can't wait to read it. I also loved Shades of earth, it was AWESOME!
    Congrats on your first ARC, I almost jumped when I got mine!
    Happy reading! (and thanks for stopping by!)
    Lis @ The reader lines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear Shades of Earth is awesome. :) I'm really looking forward to it! Thank you. I was really excited when I got my first ARC too.

      Delete
  13. I've heard great things about The Bone Season. Awesome haul, hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about it too. Thank you. :)

      Delete
  14. OOOO, YAY! Congrats on the lovely! I also got Fire & Flood, but it's not my first. I made a huge deal out of my first ARC, which was probably a teensy bit embarrassing, but whatever, I was so excited! I hope you love Scorched! I have to check out that one :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting an ARC in the mail from a publisher (and not from a giveaway or some other blogger) is just amazing, so it's definitely a big deal! It feels really nice. Thank you, Alyssa. :)

      Delete
  15. Congrats on your first print ARC!!!! Lucky!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your first print ARC! I have been interested in reading Goodbye Rebel Blue, can't wait to get my hands on it!
    Em @ http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm happy I got Goodbye, Rebel Blue. It does look pretty good. :)

      Delete
  17. Nice haul! The Pledge is pretty good so have fun reading that one. The concept is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that one two years ago. I just haven't been able to snag a copy for a long time. :( I love that book!

      Delete
  18. Wow, Great haul! Congrats on your first ARC! I got Fire & Flood a couple weeks ago too! I can't wait to dive into it! Thanks for stopping by my STS @ Addicted Readers! Happy New Year! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope we both enjoy Fire & Flood!

      Delete
  19. Congrats on your first print arc :) You've got a lot of amazing books this week. I really want to read The Bone Season, I've heard lots of great things. Still need to buy a print copy of These Broken Stars, I need that on my bookshelf! I hope you enjoy all your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you need These Broken Stars on your shelf! I refused to get an ebook. You don't get a book with that beautiful of a cover in anything but print. It's just too gorgeous. Thank you. :)

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.