Monday, December 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday ~ My Winter TBR

Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and a weekly meme where we simply make a top ten list for the week's topic.

Here are the top ten books on my winter TBR.
(I decided to list books only on my personal TBR, and no review copies at all.)

For read-alongs
I've signed up for three read-alongs for the winter: one for Rainbow Rowell's books, one of the Lord of the Rings series, and one for Newsoul series. I planning to read at least the following books for each one.


To finish a series
I know I'll keep putting this off, but I really need to finish the series.


Series I've been saying I want to start 
I find myself saying that I want to read these two books very often, and I want to finally begin both series.


Books I have the sequels to
Having a copy of a sequel of a book is great motivation to read the first book, and since I have access to Perfect Lies and I have recently got a copy of Thornhill, I want to be able to read them soon. I need to read the first in both series, first, though.


Just because I want to
I have a feeling I'll absolutely love The Sea of Tranquility, so I need to finally read it. As for The Liberator, I just need to continue an awesome series! 


What books are on your winter reading list?

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you need to read Throne of Glass! It's total awesomeness! Celaena is so kick butt I love. It does move a little slower than the second one but it's really awesome. Plus there's Chaol. He's so swoon worthy.

    Also, The Sea of Tranquility is really great! I loved this one. I actually picked it up from the library and re-read it when I was sick last week. It was still wonderful the second time around.

    Great list! I love how you broke it down.

    Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll really like Throne of Glass! I just have a good feeling about it.

      I love it when a book is rereadable. :) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I need to read Throne of glass AND Daughter of Smoke and Bone too! Oh and mind games :) haha wow so many books in common!
    Sea of tranquility was incredible. I'm super picky when it comes to contemporary and I loved it ;)
    Great list! Happy Reading!
    (Old follower)

    Dee @ Dee's Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a huge fan of contemporary, so I definitely think I'll like reading The Sea of Tranquility. That's awesome that you loved it.

      Delete
  3. Whew! I wish we had Winter here in the Philippines so I can also feel the vibe of this Winter read-a-long.

    I am excited to read your opinion of Fangirl, DOSB and Two Towers. These three books didn't really impress me. I hope you will enjoy them though. And I really have to read Throne of Glass. Maybe next year, I will get into it.

    I hope you will be able to conquer your Winter Read-a-long, Kaitlin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The read-alongs (all three different ones) I signed up for are actually just set to take place during the next few months (which just happens to be winter for me). They aren't winter themed at all! So, if you wanted to join any, you definitely could. :)

      Delete
  4. I have Hemlock in my list too.And I am sure you'll love Throne of Glass.
    I haven't read the others,but I hope you enjoy them.
    Here's my list- http://asthepageturn.blogspot.com/2013/12/top-ten-books-on-my-winter-tbr-list.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'll love Throne of Glass, too. :) Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Ooh thanks for the reminder about The Sea of Tranquility, I've been meaning to check that one out but haven't gotten around to it. You must read DOSAB, it's so good! And lucky you to have a sequel to go into! I wouldn't rush into Allegiant if I were you ;)

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I don't read Allegiant soon, I'll just keep pushing it back. I just need to . . . rip the bandaid off and read it. :(

      Delete
  6. I thought the Sea of Tranquility was amazing!!! I hope you like it!! Allegiant is also on my TTT list of books to finish this winter (:

    Tina @ Pages of Comfort
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope we both get to it this winter!

      Delete
  7. Great list! Hopefully you fare better with Allegiant than I did, I was so disappointed by that book. I still need to read Fangirl and The Daughter of Smoke and Bone, have only heard good things about those. I hope you get to read them all. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.