Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (11) ~ An Intriguing Ballet

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Coming April 10th, 2014 . . . 
Pointe by Bradley Colbert

I'm really drawn to this book. Part of it is the cover. Part of it is the ballet (I really like books with music/dance/art in them). And part of it is the . . . mysteriousness of it. The cover is quite mysterious, and the description is quite short--it doesn't give much detail. I really like that. Pointe just intrigues me and I really want to read it!

Goodreads description:
Theo is better now.

She's eating again, dating guys who are almost appropriate, and well on her way to becoming an elite ballet dancer. But when her oldest friend, Donovan, returns home after spending four long years with his kidnapper, Theo starts reliving memories about his abduction—and his abductor.

Donovan isn't talking about what happened, and even though Theo knows she didn't do anything wrong, telling the truth would put everything she's been living for at risk. But keeping quiet might be worse. 


What are you waiting on this week?

18 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to this as well, it sounds great & I love the cover! :-)

    Happy reading! Sharon - Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this book, it sounds great! I loved Black Swan, sort of reminds me of that a little.

    Here's my WOW this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It reminds me of Black Swan, too! I think that's one of the reasons why I want to read it so much. :)

      Delete
  3. The cover is awesome! Looks ominous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cover for this one. I haven't heard of this one but it sounds really great, will definitely be checking it out! =D My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this one sounds really awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    Here’s my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick this week. Happy Wednesday :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard some authors raving about this book, so I totally get the WoW! :)

    -Jess


    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've come across this book but the description doesn't appeal to me too much. I really hope you like it, the cover is quite beautiful.

    Roxy @ Story Envy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,
    Just stopping by to tell you that I nominated you for a Liebster Award. You can get the rest of your info at my blog
    http://highway-ya.blogspot.com/2013/12/i-got-nominated-again-for-liebster-award.html
    Congrats
    -Ericka

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.