Thursday, January 2, 2014

Blogger Spotlight ~ Ashtyn from Wonderland's Reader


If you want to be interviewed for a Blogger Spotlight, please go here. I'll send you a series of questions as soon as I can.

********************************************************

Today, I am featuring Ashtyn from Wonderland's Reader! 

About the Blogger

Here's what she told me:
I run the blog Wonderland's Reader (wonderlandsreader.blogspot.com) and have for a little over a year now! I love all sorts of book but mainly focus on YA. Also, I have just started posting movie reviews on my blog as well!
You can also find her on Twitter as @AshtynStann.


(I added a few responses to her answers in purple.)

Hi Ashtyn!

Hi there!

First, describe your blog in three words.

Imaginative, informative, relaxed.

What makes your blog worth reading?

I'd like to think my blog is worth reading because of all the wonderful, bookish information I so willingly make a fool out of myself over. But I really know people just come for the Supernatural gifs. That's okay. I've accepted it.

Supernatural gifs are pretty awesome. :)

What are you currently reading?


I'm actually reading like, six books right now. Yeah, I know. I don't exactly know how it happened but they're all really great books. Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Fates by Lanie Bross, The House of Hades by Rick Riordan. There's a lot.

What is one of the best experiences you’ve had as a blogger?

I don't think I have one single experience but just all the little things that have happened that have made me more comfortable and confident in myself and the things I like. Before, I was super self-conscious about liking to read. Not anymore! Thank you book community for being awesome and making me totally okay with being a reader.

What is one of your favorite movies?

Ughhhhhh. I don't know. I love movies almost as much as books. Possibly Catching Fire. I saw it twice in two days and want to go see it again. Many, that movie gave me chills!

I love that movie!

What are three books you are looking forward to in 2014?

White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout, The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin, and Fire and Flood by Victoria Scott.

Great choices! I'm also looking forward to those.

What is one of your favorite book quotes?

"Books are easily destroyed. But words will live as long as people can remember them." -Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me. Something about that quote really got to me when I read it. Actually, there are a lot of really wonderful quotes like that in all of her books. She writes so lyrically. It's beautiful!

Besides reading and blogging, what do you like to do for fun?

I love going to the movies with friend, obsessing over the Winchester brothers, swimming, playing Just Dance, walking my dogs, and playing with my cat.

Now, time to gush about a book you love.
Pick one of your favorite books/series and answer the following questions about it.


What book is it and who is it by?

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell!

That one sounds really good.

Why do you love it?

Everything about it is amazing. The writing is flawless, the characters are so imperfect and wonderfully real, I feel like they're actually friends of mine, the story and its meaning are lovely and important and I learned from this book. I look back on reading it and it makes me feel happy. How can you beat that?

Why did you pick the book up and read it in the first place?

I actually didn't choose to pick it up. My friend asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I had heard a lot of wonderful things about Rainbow Rowell so I told her "Either Fangirl or Eleanor and Park". She decided on Fangirl and gave it to me as an early Christmas present!

Who is your favorite character from it and why?

Levi because he is such a little ball of sunshine and so sweet and she isn't a typical main male character. He doesn't have perfect looks and he sometimes gets too much and I want someone like him in my life!

Rate the cover on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 = horrible, 10 = absolutely amazing)

10. I loved this cover. The details were outstanding and it was so cute and I love the cover.

Thanks for letting me interview you. :)

********************************************************

4 comments:

  1. Haha nice interview! And Ashtyn, your blog is awesome even without those super hilarious Supernatural gifs. I also like to read multiple books at a time but not that many haha. Glad you're liking all of them though. I still need to read the Percy Jackson series. Catching Fire is my favorite movie of the year too as well as Frozen. I can't wait for them to come out on DVD or in Netflix so I can watch them all over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great feature! It's fun to see bloggers answer the questions instead of authors all the time! :P

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.