Thursday, January 30, 2014

Blogger Spotlight ~ Charli from To Another World


If you want to be interviewed for a Blogger Spotlight, please go here. I'll send you a series of questions as soon as I can.

********************************************************

Today, I am featuring Charli from To Another World! 

About the Blogger

Charli is the blogger behind To Another World, her corner of the interweb where she can ramble about books and other bookish things. Being a Potterhead, Divergent, Initiate and Nerdfighter fills up her Twitter @Charli_TAW, and instagram (@charli_toanotherworld) feeds. She is also a debater, Scout, writer and photographer. 


To Another World- charliotherworld.blogspot.com



(I added a few responses to her answers in purple.)



Hi Charli!

Hi Kaitlin! I'm honoured to be interviewed over here!


First, describe your blog in three words.



Ummm.... Purple, hopefully-sometimes-thought-provoking and bookish.

What makes your blog worth reading?

*mutters darkly about not being conceited* I like to think that I have a unique voice, though I don't suppose I do! I think my reviews are insightful and detailed, and I enjoy writing discussions and just bookish stuff!

What blogging plans do you have for 2014?

I want to read more UKYA, more classics and 125 books! Bloggy-wise, it's not my blogoversary till July but I'm excited for that, and I'm possibly hosting a readathon as well as "Summer Reading Smackdown" Year 2!

Hopefully you will be hosting that readathon again! I need an event to look forward too. ☺

What is a UKYA book you highly recommend?

So many! Geek Girl by Holly Smale, After Eden by Helen Douglas, Earth Girl by Janet Edwards (my book of 2013) and Finding Cherokee Brown by Siobhan Curham are all top picks.

What is one of your favorite cover trends? Least favorite?

Interesting question! I have a love-hate relationship with "girl in dress" type covers. I like ones where it's simple and the world is displayed, sometimes.

I think a lot of people are getting tired of the "girl in dress" covers.

Do you have any book/reading quirks?

Not particularly! I go through about 100 sticky notes per 200 page book (gets me odd looks on the bus!) But not particularly much else!

Besides reading and blogging, what do you like to do for fun?

I'm a Scout, I'm a debater, I work in my school library and do air rifle shooting with my Scouts!

Yay for working in school libraries! (I'm a student aid in mine.)

Now, time to gush about a book you love.

Pick one of your favorite books/series and answer the following questions about it.

What book is it and who is it by? 

Divergent is my favourite ever, but I'm going to talk about Earth Girl by Janet Edwards.

Why do you love it? 

It's a beautifully written dystopia with clear-cut themes, a beautiful romance and a historical element!

A dystopia with a historical element? Now I'm interested!

Why did you pick the book up and read it in the first place?

It was part of my school library Gifted and Talented Book of 2013 Summer Scheme. It won!

Who is your favorite character from it and why? 

Jarra, the protagonist!

Rate the cover on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 = horrible, 10 = absolutely amazing) 

about 9!

Thanks for letting me interview you. :)
Thanks for having me!

********************************************************

2 comments:

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.