Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Early Review ~ Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi

Series: Under the Never Sky #3
Genre: YA dystopia
Pages: 400 (for hardcover)
Publication date: January 28th, 2014
Publisher: HarperCollins
Goodreads Description: 
The earth-shattering conclusion to Veronica Rossi's "masterpiece" Under the Never Sky trilogy and sequel to the New York Times bestselling Through the Ever Night (Examiner.com).

Their love and their leadership have been tested. Now it's time for Perry and Aria to unite the Dwellers and the Outsiders in one last desperate attempt to bring balance to their world.

The race to the Still Blue has reached a stalemate. Aria and Perry are determined to find this last safe-haven from the Aether storms before Sable and Hess do-and they are just as determined to stay together.

Meanwhile, time is running out to rescue Cinder, who was abducted by Hess and Sable for his unique abilities. And when Roar returns to camp, he is so furious with Perry that he won't even look at him, and Perry begins to feel like they have already lost.

Out of options, Perry and Aria assemble a team to mount an impossible rescue mission-because Cinder isn't just the key to unlocking the Still Blue and their only hope for survival, he's also their friend. And in a dying world, the bonds between people are what matter most.

In this final book in her stunning Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi raises the stakes to their absolute limit and brings her epic love story to an unforgettable close. 
Source: I received an e-arc of this book from the publisher through Edelweiss in return for an honest review. 

Into the Still Blue was a fine conclusion to this series. I'm not a big fan of the trilogyI have a major case of book amnesia over book onebut I still liked reading each book! There wasn't anything hugely disappointing about this book, so I definitely enjoyed it.

CHARACTERS

The biggest reason I liked this series was the cast of characters. Not much else stood out to me except for the cool, colorful, aether filled world, so Perry, Aria, Roar, Cinder, and the others stole the show. They are wonderful characters, and if they were anything but, the series really wouldn't be that great.


I really liked the change in many of the characters. I really liked how their attitudes be views changed, especially concerning the people opposite of them (Dwellers, Outsiders). Soren in particular, made a remarkable change. I only vaguely remember him from the first book, but I know he came a long way. He became a much more likable character, which surprised me.

BROMANCE 
Roar and Perry have one of my favorite bromances. I don't see as many guys with as good of friendships together in YA as these two. I've always liked them. They had a few bumps (well, a ton of them) in their friendship, but it was necessaryit eventually made the two even closer than before.
ROMANCE

I just have to say how much I like Perry and Aria together. I love them! If you've been a fan of them at all during the rest of the series, you'll sure like them in this book. They were together in a lot more scenes than in Through the Ever Night.


OVERALL

While the series doesn't stand out a lot to me, I still enjoyed reading all three books. I'm glad I got to meet the wonderful characters and I'm glad I got the opportunity to preview the last book! Into the Still Blue was a pretty good conclusion that many fans of the series will be satisfied with.



My questions for you:

Have you read any books in this series?
Do you have high expectations for series conclusions?
Have you ever really enjoyed a book despite it not standing out very much to you?

6 comments:

  1. I actually only heard about this series just recently when everyone suddenly stated reading it. I'm glad you enjoyed it, maybe I will catch the reading trend soon too!

    Angel @ Spare Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you liked this one! And yep, totally agree with you about the bromance! And Aria's friendship with Roar is so beautiful too (And the best part is it doesn't turn into a love triangle. Yay!)
    Anyway, yep, I've read all of the book in this series, and yep, same here I have book-amnesia too :D I don't really have any expectations for this book though, since I just read along and believing Veronica Rossi for writing a decent ending for the series. Turns out it was better than I've imagined! :D

    Great review!

    Neysa @ [B.O.O.K.L.I.F.E]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book amnesia sucks, doesn't it? :( I'm glad you liked this book!

      Delete
  3. I have books 1 and 2 on my kindle when they were on sale and am so excited to read them, and the novellas! I am even more excited since it seems like (from the people who have read Into the Still Blue early) people really like the conclusion of the series which a definite plus!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Veronica Rossi did a good job with this conclusion. I always like a good conclusion to a series.

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.