Saturday, January 11, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (12) ~ First Haul of 2014!

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we share what books we have recently added to our physical or virtual shelves.

My last Stacking the Shelves was from December 28th, 2013, so here are all the books I've added to my bookshelves since then.

New Books!


Free on Amazon
Rival by Lacy Yager
Witch Song by Amber Argyle (I read this one two years ago.)
A Song for Julia by Charles Sheehan-Miles

Bought for Kindle
Requiem by Lauren Oliver (the only money I spent on books for this haul.☺)

For Review (Digital)
The Falconer by Elizabeth May (I'm so excited I got this one!)
The Half Life of Molly Pierce by Katrina Leno
The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes

Royally Lost by Angie Stanton
Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy (I'm super excited for this one too!)

Thank you Chronicle Books and HarperCollins!

New Print Books
The Dollhouse Asylum by Mary Gray (ARCycling)
Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor (ARCycling - This one will eventually be traded/given away)
Through to You by Emily Hainsworth (Won from Skye's Scribblings. Thank you Skye!)

Library
Shards and Ashes by Melissa Marr and Kelley Armstrong (online - this one's an anthology)
All the Truth That's in Me by Julie Berry (school)

What's Been Happening

Read
I finished eight books in the last two weeks (with an average rating of 3.00 stars):

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge [3 stars], Ruined by Jus Accardo [4 stars], Count Dracula's Teenage Daughter [1 star], Backward Compatible [4 stars], Discovery by Brina Courtney [2 stars], Her Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd [4 stars], Bird with the Heart of a Mountain by Barbara Mariconda [2 stars], A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens [4 stars]

I'm craving an excellent read at the moment. I've read some pretty disappointing read lately.

Currently Reading
Witch Fall by Amber Argyle (good but so incredibly slow)
Starters by Lissa Price (also quite slow, but that's because I'm listening to it)

Reading Next

On the blog . . . 
Since my last STS, I've posted reviews for The Promise of Amazing, Into the Still Blue, DefySalt, as well as Cruel Beauty, Ruined, and Backward Compatible (linked above).

I also interviewed authors Carys Jones and T.B. Markinson and posted a Blogger Spotlight on Ashtyn from Wonderland's Reader!

That was my week (well, two weeks). How was yours?

30 comments:

  1. Nice haul, Kaitlin! I hope you'll enjoy all your new books.

    You've started 2014 out very nicely with eight books already read and reviewed.

    Here's my StS post for this week. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually read half of those before 2014, but I'm still glad that I'm doing good on reading so far.

      Delete
  2. I got a couple of those HarperCollins eARCs too! Can't wait to read them. I still need to read Shards & Ashes, there are so many authors I love writing that anthology.
    Happy reading :)

    My haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't gotten to Shards & Ashes yet, but hopefully I will before it expires. It's really nice that there's anthologies like that one that includes so many good authors. Happy reading to you too!

      Delete
  3. Seems like everyone got a lot of Harper Collins E-ARC's.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's because HarperCollins is really nice and generous. :)

      Delete
  4. Great haul! Glad I wasn't the only one who went download crazy on EW this week! I am super excited to read Side Effects May Vary, I've heard so many good things. I hope you enjoy all your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people went download crazy. :) Side Effects May Vary is one of the top books I'm looking forward to this year (The Falconer too), so I'm so excited I get to read it! Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Great haul, Kaitlin! I also got some of the books that you have there. And wow you reviewed and read a lot of books. I'm hoping to get down Through the Ever Night and Into the Still Blue this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did review and read a lot of books! I didn't quite realize it until I made this post. A lot of them were disappointing reads, but at least I'm making a dent in my review copy pile. I hope you enjoy TTEN and ITSB!

      Delete
  6. Nice haul! I wish I had all of those books. I really want to get into the delirium series, can't wait for your many reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Francoise. :) The Delirium series is a really good one! I loved both Delirium and Pandemonium.

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh, I LOVE All The Truth That's in Me. It was amazing...and heart wrenching...and oh gosh, the writing style is beautiful. *hugs book* I hope you like it! My StS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I like it too! I peeked inside it and read a few pages the other day to see what the writing was like. It's definitely different! I like different, though, so I think I'll enjoy the writing.

      Delete
  8. Great great haul! I have been seeing The Art of Lainey a lot today! Happy reading.
    My STS
    Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people are excited to read it! Thank you, Daisel.

      Delete
  9. Happy Reading! If you'd like, you can stop by my STSI'm a new follower too and would love a follow back please :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woah so many books! You've read so many books in the last two weeks AND wrote their reviews! I think I'm in a book slump :( I've only read two books and I'm stuck on World After. I really need to start on all the review copies I have but every time I do I'm like meh. I hope you like The Truth That's In Me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was on a break from school, so I had a lot of time to read and review books. :) I really hope you're not still in the book slump. Those thing suck. :(

      Delete
  11. I got The Falconer a few months ago - I can't WAIT to read it! I've been holding off until closer to the release date. In all honesty, I totally prefer the UK cover, but the USA cover is not bad! :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the UK cover too. :) That's what got me interested in the book in the first place.

      Delete
  12. Wow, this is a super decent haul Kaitlin! Harper Collins always has an awesome digital catalogue, I've been trying to stay away. I'm interested in seeing what you think of All the Truth That's In Me, it's certainly a very poetic, unique book.

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so tough to stay away from HarperCollins' e-arcs! But there's so many of them that I want to read.

      Delete
  13. OOOOH! SO MANY AMAZING NEW BOOKS FOR 2014! <3 ENJOY THEM ALL! Especially Maybe One Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished Maybe One Day last night. It was an amazing book!

      Delete
  14. Great Haul! You got some awesome books.
    I can't wait to start reading the Witch Song and The Falconer
    Happy Reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow you have been busy! You've gotten some great looking books lately :D I also got Side Effects may vary and can't wait to start it!
    ~Chelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't either! I've been wanting to read that one so badly since I first discovered it over the summer. I just hope it won't disappoint me.

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.