Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (12) ~ A Pink-Covered Horror

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

I don't do this meme very often, but at moments like thismoments where I absolutely have to share an amazing looking book I just discoveredthis meme is perfect!

The Merciless by Danielle Vega
Releasing June, 2014 by Razorbill

Goodreads description:
Forgive us, Father, for we have sinned

Brooklyn Stevens sits in a pool of her own blood, tied up and gagged. No one outside of these dank basement walls knows she’s here. No one can hear her scream.

Sofia Flores knows she shouldn’t have gotten involved. When she befriended Riley, Grace, and Alexis on her first day at school, she admired them, with their perfect hair and their good-girl ways. They said they wanted to save Brooklyn. They wanted to help her. Sofia didn’t realize they believed Brooklyn was possessed.

Now, Riley and the girls are performing an exorcism on Brooklyn—but their idea of an exorcism is closer to torture than salvation. All Sofia wants is to get out of this house. But there is no way out. Sofia can’t go against the other girls . . . unless she wants to be next. . . .

In this chilling debut, Danielle Vega delivers blood-curdling suspense and terror on every page. By the shockingly twisted end, readers will be faced with the most haunting question of all: Is there evil in all of us? 
Doesn't it sound amazing? I must have a thing for horror books because the moment I discovered this book, it climbed towards the top of my "anxiously waiting on" list. I hate watching horror movies, but when it comes to scary, creepy, and weird sounding books, my curiosity is piqued. The Merciless sounds really scary, but it also seems to have a great message to it. I'm looking forward to how that "haunting question" and the evilness will be developed. This book seems like one that won't only scare me, but will also make me think.

Also, I love the pink. It's most likely just a placeholder for the real one, but the pink just makes the book all the more interesting.

That's my WoW this week! What's yours?

4 comments:

  1. Woah, this book sounds totally dark and scary, in contrast to the bright pink cover! I like what you mean about this one making you think to. Hopefully it's really good!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah this book sounds really dark! Wow exorcisms and stuff dayum I dunno....but pink cover really? It's almost blinding!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink is pretty out there, but it works for me. :)

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.