Monday, February 17, 2014

Around the Blogosphere (1)

"Around the Blogosphere" is a new potential regular feature on Reading is My Treasure. It's something I've been thinking of doing for awhile, and now I finally did it! I'm really bad at keeping up with features, so I'm not setting this one to a specific date or frequency (at least, not yet) or even making any graphics for it until I know whether I want to keep it.

This post is simply a way to share things around the blogosphere that I've noticed and think its worth knowing about.

********************************************************
Events
Happened Last Week
The Book Blogger Love-a-Thon (#LoveAThon) took place on February 15th and 16th, and it was simply amazing. I didn't do any of the mini challenges, but a lot of other bloggers did. There was so much blogger love happening on Twitter (as you may have noticed) and I'm so glad I got to take part in it! Thank you to Alexa and Katelyn for hosting.☺

Happening This Week



Happening Soon
This is still a few weeks away, but I'm really excited for it and I want it to go well! If you're at all interested in participating in a March read-a-thon, please stop by Jayne's post. Sign ups are open!

Blog Discoveries

Say Hello to Baby Bloggers
Ashley at Ok, Let's Read
Let's give a warm welcome to Ashley, who entered the book blogosphere on February 5th! I recently met her through the #LoveAThon. The most memorable things I read by her this week have been a "Wreck it Wednesdays" post and a letter she wrote to Four in this post. You can find her at her blog (just pick a link) and on Twitter as @okletsread.

Regina is a newer blogger that I also discovered during the #LoveAThon. My first impression of her was that she has good taste in music and that she is a very nice and sunny person. If you want to go say hi (I know you want to), you can find her on her blog, Twitter (@TheSunflwrPages), and her YouTube channel.

Angel at -Spare Reads-
Angel has only been blogging for a couple months. I believe I met her here, through a couple comments she made on my posts (she always makes good comments☺). I've known her a lot longer than the other two, but she may new to you! You can welcome her to the book blogging community at her blog and/or on Twitter (@sparereads).

A New-to-Me Blog
I discovered Kate's Tales of Books and Bands over the weekend! Katelyn did such a good job as one of the hosts of #LoveAThon. She's a pretty awesome blogger (and not just because she has such a good name) and I recommend saying hi to her on her blog and/or on her Twitter, @KatelynTorrey


Other New-to-Me Blogs:
(More are listed in bold here)

Notable Blog Posts
- Lucy at Queen of Contemporary wrote "On Supporting Your Favorite Blogs."

- More than thirty bloggers wrote letters to themselves during the #LoveAThon (Links on this post).

-More than forty bloggers got creative with Hobby Mash-Ups during the #LoveAThon (Links on this post).
-Sarah Daltry wrote an "Open Letter to Bullies" (this one was posted in early February).

-I wrote "An Open Letter to Authors" that I need to include here because it's the most heartfelt post I've written for this blog.

New Covers
It's cover reveal season! I discovered so many new covers in the past week or so and, since there's so many, I decided to share them with you!
Most of these are HarperCollins books, so you can find details them and their reveals on The Official Roundup of Fall 2014 HarperTeen Cover Reveals (posted on Epic Recs).

Aren't they amazing?

Out of all the cover reveals, though, two stood out the most to me. Top Ten Clues You're Clueless (revealed on Stay Bookish) is most adorable out of the bunch and I'm so, so excited for it! Then there's Snow Like Ashes, which I was excited for even before Hybable revealed the cover. It's quickly become one of the books I'm most excited to read this year.
********************************************************
If I were to continue with "Around the Blogosphere," what would you like to see included in it?

20 comments:

  1. I really love this idea! It was so much fun to read about, and see the LoveAThon bloggers mentioned! I love the cover reveals and feature as well- I am a book cover fan, and so I really appreciated seeing those. I would say that this is an awesome feature, and you should definitely continue it if you enjoy it- I loved reading it! Something I would like to see included...hmm well you've already got a lot of awesome things you've found, but maybe you could link to your favorite post on your blog from the past week, or however long you decide to go between these posts? That way not only are people being introduced to new bloggers through you, they're getting to know your blog more as well. Just a thought, but I love this! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the feature! I really like sharing blogs, posts, and things like that for others to read. Including one of my posts is a great idea--I could do that!

      Thank you for the suggestion!

      Delete
  2. I loved this post! Thank you so much for including me in it. It seriously so great meeting other bloggers who share a love for books. There aren't very many people where I live who read like I do, so when I gush over a book I just kind of get weird looks. lol It's great being able to gush over or rant about books with like minded amazing people! Also, those covers are so pretty! The Snow Like Ashes cover reminds me of the symbols on the Divergent series books. I like it! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the post! The book blogging community is absolutely amazing--there's so many people that have the same passion for books.

      I was glad to include you in the post. :) You're welcome!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for featuring me Kaitlin! I will make sure to check out all these fantastic blogs :) It's hard keeping up with posts and what not and a good support system makes a huge difference. It has been an awesome experience getting to know other bloggers and book lovers, hope to talk more about books with you in the future :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good support system definitely makes a difference. :) You're welcome!

      Delete
  4. Oh, this is such a great post! I'm newly back to blogging myself, and there's still so much for me to discover! This post is like a treasure chest for me with all the featured blogs and books! Thanks for sharing, Kaitlin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it! I love sharing blogs and books and helping others discover them. :)

      Delete
  5. This is a really great post! Love all of the Harper covers that have been unveiled.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so many. I'm loving all the covers that have been revealed lately.

      Delete
  6. This is a pretty cool feature! :D I love how you link up new blogs! :) Also all those pretty covers omg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I couldn't resist sharing the gorgeous covers! Thank you. :)

      Delete
  7. Hope you keep up with this feature! It's a good round-up and helps those of us who fail to keep an ear to the ground get caught up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I usually have a tough time getting caught up, but I think doing this feature will help me as well as others.

      Delete
  8. Ooo, this is a great new feature, Kaitlin! I love seeing all the cover reveals in one place, as well as new blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you did here! This was definitely a really fun post to sum it all up! I loved seeing all covers up in one post! There are some beautiful ones that got revealed recently! I also loved seeing the newer blogs that you've found! I've really been wanting to do a feature recently that involved welcoming newer blogs! It's always fun to see them!
    Nice job Kaitlin! I love this post! I definitely hope that you keep them up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love new blogs! I love helping others discover them and helping the bloggers out (your feature idea is a really good one, by the way).

      Thank you! I hope I do keep this feature up. :) I really like it and it's been getting good feedback.

      Delete
  10. thank you so much for including my blog, The Social Potato! I need to mark my calendars now because this post was hella informative! You pretty much introduced me to many more awesome bloggers ;) Thanks!

    Faye @ The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it did! Meeting new bloggers is fun and I helping others meet them. :)

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.