Sunday, February 23, 2014

Around the Blogosphere (2)

Welcome to the second edition of Around the Blogosphere! It seemed to go over really well last week, so I would like to keep up with this feature. Expect to see these posts every Sunday/Monday.

Enjoy the post!

********************************************************
Events
Happened Last Week


Happening Now
Cal over at Read Books and Live Green is hosting an award ceremony type thing for book bloggers. There are many categories to nominate blogs for, like "Most Original Blogger," and "Brightest Design." It's a really fun thing to do, so click on the link above for more information on the awards and nominations! You have until March 15th to nominate blogs for the awards.

Happening Soon
Lucy (Queen of Contemporary) is hosting a really cool John Green read-a-thon in March! She'll be rereading all of his books and vlogging nerdfighter related videos. Interested? Watch her video announcing #NerdfighterMonth for more details.

This readathon is being hosted by Looking for Panacea and Readiculous Reads,  starting tomorrow (February 24th). There are two parts: Anna and the French Kiss from February 24th to March 2nd, then Lola and the Boy Next Door from March 3rd to 9th. I won't be participating, but it looks fun!


I'll be participating in both these challenges in March! They're a great way to get those free/cheap read and to get those review copies reviewed! COYER starts on March 1st and runs all month, and the Spring Cleaning Review-A-Thon runs from March 20th to 24th. 

March 2014 COYER Signups

Blog Discoveries

Say Hello to a Baby Blogger

Becca at Pivot Book Reviews

This blog has been running since January (which is surprising--it doesn't seem that young) and it is so cool! The first thing I read by Becca was one of her Cover Puppies posts, which is one of the most unique features I've seen. She recreates book covers with dogs, and she's pretty good at it. I highly recommend checking out the Eleanor & Park and Fangirl covers she recreated and the rest of her blog! 

Notable Blog Posts
-Alise writes about why we ignore your (author's) review requests on Readers in Wonderland

-The latest Life of a Blogger (a good meme to get into if you're looking for one), hosted by Jessi at Novel Heartbeat, is "Introvert or Extrovert?"

-Cal at Read Books Live Green had a new experience as a black sheep and asks, "Did I Read it Wrong?"

-Jeann from Happy Indulgence writes a post titled "Blogging Slump? You're Not Alone."

-Allison at Sleepless Reads celebrates the first day of her blogoversary with an interview with Erin Albert and a giveaway!

-Sophie at A Day Dreamer's World writes a discussion post on whether serious topics should be dealt with in books.

-Emz at Icy Cold Reads has explained that it's It's Not All About Reviews when it comes to book blogging.

-Debby at Snuggly Oranges has written a letter called "Authors, Let Your Readers Read in Peace."

Thank you to Cal for tweeting me links of the last three posts.☺

New Covers




UK Cover!

********************************************************
If you see any posts, events, covers, etc. in the next week that you feel should be featured on next week's Around the Blogosphere, please feel free to tweet or email me!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing my post Kaitlin! OMG I can't believe how beautiful those percy jackson covers are, I need it now! Even though I have the series in physical form already. I didn't realise Jeaniene Frost had a new book out, thanks for letting me know!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I love the Percy Jackson covers too. :)

      Delete
  2. AW! *blushes* You're such a sweetheart! I'm so flattered that you shared my baby blog!! I really like these types of articles bc with so many blogs, it's hard to keep up with all the happenings going on! Great post, Kaitlin! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! You're blog was the perfect choice for me to feature. :)

      I have a hard time keeping up with what goes on in the blogosphere too, but I think this feature will help both me and others out a bit.

      Delete
  3. What great events! Love the NerdFighter month and I could really use a Stephanie Perkins binge about now :)
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm glad you like the events. :)

      Delete
  4. I really love your Around the Blogosphere posts, Kaitlin. You should keep doing it :D Wow there are so many events going on that I'm not aware about...well that's my fault for not being active recently because of school *sigh*. Anyways, I will check those out later.

    I'm not sure what I think about the new Percy Jackson books. They look cool, but at the same time, there's just a lot going on in that cover which makes me wanna throw up lol jk. There's just a lot of details which I think people will either appreciate or just glance at because there' s just so many going on. Hmmm...I think I like the old covers better, but this one doesn't look like a middle grade cover as much as the first one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leigh! I'm definitely continuing the Around the Blogosphere posts. :)

      I think I prefer the old Percy Jackson covers too, but I can't really decide.

      Delete
  5. Holy cow, Kaitlin, this obviously took some time to put together! Love it, and thanks so much for sharing everything on your blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did take a long time! It's worth it, though. :)

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.