Monday, February 17, 2014

Love for Books Readathon ~ Goals & Updates

I woke up to find there was a readathon going on this week and decided to sign up because . . . why not? I'm a bit behind in reading at the moment (I didn't read anything for an entire week) and, since I had big tests and assignments to do last week, this school week may be an easier one. This readathon sounds perfect for me. ☺

Thank you to Jessi at Novel Heartbeat and Amanda at Confessions of a Bookie Monster for hosting! 

Interested in signing up? Go here.

My Goals

I'm actually not going to set a concrete goal, like reading X amount of books. I just want to read. Whenever I set goals for readathons, I end up reading less than I want to. Therefore . . .

My reading goal: read as much as I can

My non-reading goals for the week:
  • Write as many reviews as I can (I'm way behind)
  • Draft posts throughout the week (memes, reviews, and others)
Progress


Monday 2/17
Currently reading: Faking Normal
Books completed today: 0
# of reviews written: 0
# of posts drafted: 1

Tuesday 2/18
Currently reading: Faking Normal, The Great Gatsby (started before readathon)
Books completed today: Faking Normal
# of reviews written: 1 (in my notebook . . .)
# of posts drafted: 0

Wednesday 2/19
Currently reading: The Edge of Never
Books completed today: The Great Gatsby
# of reviews written: 0
# of posts drafted: 0
(Well, this wasn't a good day of reading.)

Thursday 2/20
Currently reading: Article 5, The Edge of Never
Books completed today: 0
# of reviews written: 0
# of posts drafted: 0

Friday 2/21
Currently reading: Article 5
Books completed today: 0
# of reviews written: 0
# of posts drafted: 0

Saturday 2/22

Currently reading: Article 5
Books completed today: 0
# of reviews written: 0
# of posts drafted:0 


Sunday 2/23
Currently reading: 
Article 5, The Edge of Never
Books completed today: Article 5, The Edge of Never
# of reviews written: 1
# of posts drafted: 2

SUMMARY
Books I completed: 4
Total # of reviews written: 2
Total # of posts drafted: 3

See what happens when I set the goal to write reviews and posts? I get almost nothing done. Thankfully, I did read a wonderful book (Faking Normal), finished my AP Lit independent novel (The Great Gatsby), and read a personal TBR book (Article 5).

Even though I didn't do so good on this readathon, I hope to do a lot better on the next ones in March.☺

6 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad to see you in on this read-a-thon too! :D Good luck and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaitlin,
    This sounds like a great read-a-thon! I think I'm going to participate as well, although I need to work all week.
    Happy reading!!

    Myra
    http://imlovingbooks.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun during the read-a-thon! You can still fit in a books between work. :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the readathon! I think just reading as much as you can is a good idea to set for a readathon goal. I did Bout of Books and I didn't reach my goal either, so I think sometimes just seeing what you get done is a good idea. Also, I noticed the March Madness Readathon button in your sidebar- I'm doing that readathon too! I'm so excited for it. I was looking around on your list and thank you so much for adding me to your blog roll! After LoveAThon I definitely need to make one. Thank you so much, that means a lot, and I hope you enjoy this readathon!! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm really excited that you're going to do the March Madness Readathon too. :) It's going to be a fun one.

      Thank you and you're welcome!

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.