Friday, February 28, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (14) ~ The Book Buying Continues

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we share what books we have recently added to our physical or virtual shelves.

My last Stacking the Shelves was from February 15th, so here are all the books I've added to my bookshelves since then.
~~~
The last few weeks have been a bit "eh" for me. Nothing much exciting has gone on, especially at school (which is usually monotonous). Even blogging has been really slow for me lately. At least I got a lot of new books, though! These books are definitely the most exciting parts of these last two weeks.
~~~

Free on Amazon
The Boys of Summer by C.J. Duggan
Promises by Amber Garr (not shown)
The MacKinnon Curse: The Beginning by J.A. Templeton (not shown)
The Lake by AnnaLisa Grant (not shown)
Fallen Crest High by Tijan (not shown)
Shadow and the Rose by Amada DeWees

Bought for Kindle
Stolen: A Letter for My Captor by Lucy Christopher
White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Heart Breaths by K.K. Hendin
Crow's Row by Julie Hockley
The Harder I Fall by Jessica Gibson
Vain by Fisher Amelie 

New Print Books
Cress by Marissa Meyer
Article 5 by Kristen Simmons (I read this one last week.)
Reboot by Amy Tintera (I read this one after Article 5.)
Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
Charm & Strange by Stephanie Kuehn
Fever by Lauren DeStefano
Divergent by Veronica Roth (I read this one from the library last year, and now I finally have a copy! Thank you, Jessi!)

For Review
The Strange and Ever After by Susan Dennard (I decided I needed to read this series, so I couldn't resist downloading this.)
Rebel by Amy Tintera
The Here and Now by Ann Brashares

Thank you, HarperTeen, Edelweiss, Netgalley, and Random House Children's!

Won
On Solid Ground by Michelle Kemper Brownlow

Thank you, Michelle!

Library
Heart of Darkness & The Secret Sharer by Joseph Conrad (Our next AP Lit class read.)
The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck (I read this one last year, but I'm going to do a project on it in my AP Lit class this week.)
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut (This was a spontaneous choice. I just felt like trying it.)

That's what I got in the last two weeks! Are there any that you recommend reading soon?

    14 comments:

    1. Oh wow! What a great haul. I added Divergent too. Thought I should read it before I see the movie.

      My StS @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I feel like reading it again before the movie releases too. :) I love that book! Thank you, Marilyn.

        Delete
    2. That is an awesome haul. How did you get your pictures to line up that way. They look nice like that. I hope you love everything you got.

      Grace
      Books of Love
      http://gracebooksoflove.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I use Pixlr Express (http://pixlr.com/express/) to make collages. It's very helpful when there's a lot of covers to show at once! Thank you, Grace. :)

        Delete
    3. Woah, you got HEAPS of books in the last 2 weeks, great haul! I loved Divergent and Insurgent but hesitant to recommend it to people now because of the last book. Cress is fantastic as well, I hope you enjoy your massive haul Kaitlin!

      Here's my STS this week.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Divergent and Insurgent are still amazing books! I haven't read Allegiant, but it must still be worth it to read the first two books in the series, right? I'm really excited to read Cress! I don't think I've heard a bad thing about it. :) I will definitely enjoy this haul, Jeann. :)

        Delete
    4. Girl of Nightmares, yes! Really loved that series, shame it was only a duology though. :( Happy reading!

      Here's mine

      Kirsty @ StudioReads

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks! I'm excited about finishing that series. :)

        Delete
    5. I looooved Charm & Strange and Stolen! I hope you enjoy everything. :D

      Here's Mine @ Pinkindle

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I have a good feeling about both books. :)

        Delete
    6. Wow, great haul. I loved Divergent, and I'm waiting on my copy of Cress to arrive. I also can't wait to read White Hot Kiss. Happy reading! My STS

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! I loved Divergent as well. :)

        Delete
    7. What a great haul! Several of these, including Here and Now, and Reboot are on my TBR. Enjoy and Happy Reading!
      Here are my newest additions .

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! Reboot is a pretty good book. :)

        Delete

    Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.