Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Blogger Spotlight ~ Angel from Spare Reads


Today, I am featuring Angel from Spare Reads! 

About the Blogger

I'm the 20-year-old behind Spare Reads book review blog :) I'm originally from China and came to the U.S. when I was 16. I have always loved reading, whether in Chinese or in English. I started Spare Reads just recently to help motivate myself to read more and share my thoughts with other book lovers. Hope to chat books with you soon!


(I added a few responses to her answers in purple.)
Hi Angel!


Hi Kaitlin :D


First, describe your blog in three words.


passionate, thoughtful, engaging.


What makes your blog worth reading?


I enjoy exchanging views and expressing opinions while writing reviews and other memes. So, you can always find something unique and original at Spare Reads. Plus, a good place to visit if you want some reading recommendations!


What are a couple of your favorite retellings that you’ve read?


Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson, Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, Enchanted by Alethea Kontis, Beastly by Alex Flinn.


I’m a big fan of fairy tale retellings and I’m constantly collecting them on goodreads for my TBR list. Let me know if you have any cool suggestions.  

The Lunar Chronicles books are really good retellings.☺


Why read ______ books? [pick a genre/subgenre to fill in the blank]


Time Travel Romance


Time Travel has gradually become one of my favorites among all genres (quickly catching up to high fantasy). I love the idea a lot and I think there are so much potentials and possibilities within this context. In particular, time travel romance with a mix of historical fiction is the best of the bests. Concepts like reincarnation and destiny/fates are often occurring themes in this genre and I’m quite fascinated by them.

This is a genre I haven't read much from! I need to try it out a bit more.


What was the first book you read in 2014?


Rouge by Isabella Modra, an indie author. It is not the most pleasant read, but there are things I appreciate in the storyline.


What do you look for in a good book blog?


A distinguishable style in reviews (e.g. eloquent, humorous, vibrant, etc).
Enjoy reading roughly the same type of books as I do.
Great website designs (I can never resist pretty headers and backgrounds)
Engaging bloggers

I look for the same things.

Now, time to gush about a book you love.
Pick one of your favorite books/series and answer the following questions about it.


I will pick something from recent. Be warned, it got as many positive reviews as negative ones, but I still love it to death. It just clicks with me :)

I definitely understand that. There are a lot of books that I've just clicked with.


What book is it and who is it by?


Endless by Amanda Gray

Ooh, I've heard of this one!


Why do you love it?


Remember the Time Travel Romance I was talking about before, Endless is one of those books. I love the concept and I love the writing. Amanda Gray writes beautifully both in a modern tone and a historical voice. Her ability to depict emotions through few words are unparalleled. I wish more people can appreciate it like I do!


Why did you pick the book up and read it in the first place?


I found this book through Netgally and requested to review it.


Who is your favorite character from it and why?



Nikolai.


He is the love interest and the mysterious time travel man from the past, Romanov Russia to be exact. I admire him for his dedication and devotion to love and I felt strong chemistry between him and the female MC. It is hard to qualify why exactly I liked him so much, I just do.


Rate the cover on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 = horrible, 10 = absolutely amazing)


10. I thought the cover was gorgeous, which also partly the reason why I requested it in the first place :P

It really is a gorgeous cover.


Thanks for letting me interview you. :)


Thanks for hosting me, Kaitlin!

********************************************************

2 comments:

  1. Woohooo! :D Thanks again Kaitlin! I was just wondering when would this one go up <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. :) Sorry it took so long!

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.