Friday, March 14, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (15) ~ Gift Card Buys & Review Copies

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we share what books we have recently added to our physical or virtual shelves.

My last Stacking the Shelves was from February 28th, so here are all the books I've added to my bookshelves since then.
~~~
I had a really good two weeks. It's been pretty busy at school because finals were this week and the trimester was ending, but now I have a four day weekend and spring break starting next weekend to look forward to! That means I'll be able to make a big dent in my reading.☺
~~~
Free on Amazon

Bought for Kindle
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
Pentimento by Cameron Jace
Killing Sarai by J.A. Redmerski

New Print Books
Nil by Lynne Matson
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
The Essence by Kimberly Derting

*These were the books I bought with my gift card. I think I chose well. ☺

For Review
Amity by Micol Ostow
Of Monsters and Madness by Jessica Verday
Tabula Rasa by Kristen-Lippert Martin
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu
Second Star by Alyssa B. Sheinmel
Catch a Falling Star by Kim Culbertson
The Diamond Thief by Sharon Gosling

Special thanks to Capstone, Scholastic, Plume, Roaring Brook Press, Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR), EgmontUSA, Edelweiss, and Netgalley!

Amity, Of Monsters and Madness, and Tabula Rasa should be available to download for any Edelweiss member. I didn't need to request them. So, if you're interested . . . 


Won
I'm so excited for this book to come out in October (four days before my birthday!) so winning the swag is pretty exciting. Thank you, Sara Raasch! 


This just arrived today . . . on the same day as Nil. It had freakishly good timing. Thank you, Lynne Matson!

Library
Nothing

Other
I found this at Hot Topic, and I had to get it. I absolutely love buttons!

That's what I got in the last two weeks! Are there any that you recommend reading soon?

26 comments:

  1. Nice haul!! Ahhh I have yet to buy The Winner's Curse, even if just for its gorgeous cover :) Must see that on *my* book shelf. How do you like The Pledge series? I saw a lot of people talking about it when The Offering came out but I never read the series. Any good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover of The Winner's Curse was one of the reasons why I got a hardcover. :) It's so pretty!

      I've only read the first Pledge book, and that was a couple years ago. I highly recommend reading the series, though. I loved reading The Pledge! It's well worth the read.

      Delete
  2. I see that we got a couple of books in common this week. Looks like you had a great week. Enjoy your new goodies.

    Grace@Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Grace! I did have a great week. :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome haul. So many great books. Second Star is supposed to be really good but I haven't read it yet.
    Happy reading :)

    My STS @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn! I hope I end up enjoying Second Star. It does look good. :)

      Delete
  4. I've heard a lot about Second Star, hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I do too! I've never read a Peter Pan retelling, so it's something different.

      Delete
  5. Nothing wrong with busy! I so know what you mean though. I've had an exam for every single one of my classes these past two weeks. And I'm on spring break now, but I have exams the SAME WEEK I come back. FML.

    But anyway. Lots of lovelies! I wish there was a Hot Topic near that wasn't like an hour away. GET ON THAT, HOT TOPIC. Nil, Snow Like Ashes, and Alienated swag, very cool! All three of those books have GORGEOUS covers. I got an ARC of Second Star a few weeks ago, but I haven't read it yet :\ I really liked Nil and LOVED The Winner's Curse! I also have The Truth About Alice, but haven't read it yet as well. So. Many. Books. To. Read. PHEW. I hope you read and enjoy all of the new books!

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ew. Constant exams don't sound fun. At least you have a break!

      Oh, yes. So many books! I'm really excited about the books I'll be reading in the next few months (hopefully, that will include The Winner's Curse). They all look so good!

      Thank you, Alyssa! You too. :) Oh, and I believe you can go online to Hot Topic and order their Divergent stuff...

      Delete
  6. wow I'm impressed, that many books there. I love the winner's curse, it was really good. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard such good things about The Winner's Curse! A lot of people seem to love it, so I needed to get it. Thank you, Melliane!

      Delete
  7. Just Like a Musical looks so cute! And I'm dying to read Second Star! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! Second Star will be my first ever Peter Pan retelling and I'm looking forward to it.

      Delete
  8. Nice haul. I can't wait to get my hands on The Winner's Curse, payday needs to hurry up and get here! I hope you enjoy all your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Winner's Curse is so pretty on the bookshelf. :)

      Delete
  9. Great haul! I hope you enjoy your books! I will have to check out Just Like a Musical!

    Check out OUT's STS

    Leydy from OUAT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks good, doesn't it? I really like the cover. :) Thank you!

      Delete
  10. Amity has SUCH a creepy cover. Therefore I like it and really want to check it out. ;) Oooh, and I want to read The Winner's Curse. And Nil! Although I've heard kind of mixed things about Nil...*shrugs* Awesome haul!! My StS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that cover of Amity. :) I've heard mixed things about Nil too, but I'm mainly avoiding any details until I read it. Thank you!

      Delete
  11. Great assortment of books! We have a few in common too. I read and enjoyed Nil and The Winner's Curse. Quite a few of the others are still on my endless TBR stack. Come see my hauls at Inside of a Dog and Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that! I'm really looking forward to reading both. Thank you. :)

      Delete
  12. Wow, so many awesome books this week Kaitlin! How pretty is The Winner's Curse? I just don't like the finish with the uneven pages. Oh wells, at least we get to read it! Heaps of print books, hopefully something to look forward to during your break :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised by the uneven pages! I'm not bothered by it that much--the cover makes up for it. :) I'm hoping that I can get to at least one of those print books during my break. Thank you, Jeann!

      Delete
  13. Amazing haul! Several books here that I myself want/intend to read. Nice swag too! Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.