Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (13) ~ Did Somebody Say Sherlock and Watson?

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

What am I waiting on?

Boneseeker by Brynn Chapman
Releasing June, 2014 by Month9Books

Goodreads description:
Arabella Holmes was born different and raised different. After it became apparent she couldn't fit in the role of a 1900's lady, her uncle, Sherlock, called in some lingering favors, and landed her a position at the Mutter Museum. The museum/hospital was Arabella's dream; she was to become a purveyor of abnormal science. What her uncle called a BoneSeeker.

Henry Watson arrives at the Mutter with a double assignment--to become a finder of abnormal antiquities and to watch over and keep Arabella. Now if he could only get her to speak to him instead of avoiding him or throwing knives in his general direction.

Together, they are assigned to a most secret exploration. The hand of a Nephilim has been unearthed in upstate NY. The pair is caught in a scientific debate and a fight for their lives; are the bones from a Neanderthal...or are they living proof of fallen angels, who mated with humans from the Bible?
The pair is to find and recover the skeleton. However--someone, or something, does not want the bones found. They discover they are the second team deployed. And the whole first team is dead.
 Why am I waiting on it?

First of all, the title. It was the very first thing that drew me into it. Then there's the cover, which looks so cool. Furthermore, there's that description! YA historical fiction/Sherlock retelling featuring Nephilim, a skeleton, science, and all sorts of other creeptastic sounding things? Sign me up!

That's my WoW this week! What's yours?

10 comments:

  1. Wow - I love the cover and it sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing

    Check out our WOW.

    Also check out our Kindle Giveaway along with OUAT 4 year Giveaway and Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover giveaway.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover too! You're welcome. :)

      Delete
  2. Whattttt there's a Sherlock Holmes retelling? Sign me up! Sucks that it's not being released into June though :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know--it seems like such a long time to wait! I've never read a Sherlock Holmes retelling (or even Sherlock Holmes itself) so Boneseeker sounds so interesting and different.

      Delete
  3. Whaat, Sherlock retelling? How cool is that! I hope it will end up being as great as the description. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! *crosses fingers* A good Sherlock retelling would be so great to read.

      Delete
  4. I love historical fiction! And ooo, Sherlock and Nephilim and historical fiction, what an interesting combination! I hope you read and enjoy this book, Kaitlin :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! I've never read a book with a combination quite like this one.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Doesn't it? I hope it's turns out to be good!

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.