Sunday, April 13, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (17) ~ The Lies of Locke Lamora, Inevitable, & More

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we share what books we have recently added to our physical or virtual shelves.

My last Stacking the Shelves was from March 28th, so here are all the books I've added to my bookshelves since then.
~~~
Has it already been two weeks since my last STS post? Time has been flying by so fast this month that I can't keep up!

~~~

Free on Amazon
The Shadow Prince by Stacey O'Neale
Of Silver and Beasts by Trisha Wolfe
Red at Night by Katie McGarry
Blind Barriers by Sophie Davis

Red at Night was a pre-order. It just popped up the day it released.☺

Bought for Kindle
One Broke Girl by Rhonda Helms
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch

I bought both of these based on recommendations. Rachel Harris was tweeting about One Broke Girl and I got curious. I haven't read NA in awhile, and I thought this one sounded like a nice one.

Nikki from There Were Books Involved. . . is the one responsible for The Lies of Locke Lamora being in my book haul. I read her review of the book and immediately to Amazon to buy it. I've decided to read it during the summer (when I don't have school), and I'm so excited to read it! It's going to be my first adult fantasy, so it'll be something new for me.


For Review
Bleed Like Me by Christa Desir
Gorgeous by Paul Rudnick
Beloved Enemy by Lacy Yager
Inevitable by Lani Woodland
Torn Away by Jennifer Brown

I'm really excited to read Bleed Like Me because it's my first SimonPulse approval since last summer. Inevitable is the one I'm most excited for, though. I read Intrinsical and Indelible two years ago (back-to-back in the first week of April 2012, in fact), and I've been waiting for the end of the trilogy since then.

Thank you SimonPulse, Edelweiss, Scholastic, Aspendawn Books, Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, Netgalley, Shane Morgan from IFB tours, and Giselle from Xpresso Book Tours for review copies!


New Print Books
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
Les Misérables by Victor Hugo

I got Poison Study for three bucks at my local bookstore. I've been craving good fantasy lately, so I had to get it.

Les Mis is HUGE, but I've decided to read it as my last independent novel in AP Lit (this means I'll be writing an analysis on the book). It's a challenge, but I love challenges.☺

Won
Learning to Swim by Annie Cosby

Thank you, Annie!

Library
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey

This is my next AP Lit class read, and I'm really looking forward to it. It's set in Oregon!

What did you get this week? 

12 comments:

  1. I listened to Gorgeous on audio about a year ago. I gave it two stars. The accents were kind-of crazy, the book is permeated with swear words, and the main character's inner dialogue drove me nuts but maybe reading it will be different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm mostly okay with swear words, so maybe I wouldn't mind it so much while reading it. :)

      Delete
  2. I love Scott Lynch's work, I hope you enjoy it!

    My StS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! I am dying to read Torn Away, I love Jennifer Brown and that one looks really great. I hope you enjoy your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked Hate List, so I'm excited to read another Jennifer Brown book. :) Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Oh you've got some amazing books this week :) Well we both grabbed the same freebies ;) It's hard to resist. But I really hope you'll enjoy Les Mis, as the movie was really amazing. I have never read the book though. Also Poison Study seems really great. Great haul :)
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Freebies are definitely hard to resist. :) I absolutely loved the movie Les Mis, and am liking the book so far!

      Delete
  5. I got approved for Bleed Like Me last week (YES) was hoping to, since Simon Pulse seem to be approving me now. Hope we both enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow, so many pretties. I hoope you enjoy them.

    :)

    Happy reading!

    My Weekly Wrap up Post

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.