Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (17) ~ The End to a Favorite Trilogy

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

What am I waiting on?

Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
Releasing June 17th, 2014 by Henry Holt & Co.
Goodreads description:
The capital has fallen. The Darkling rules Ravka from his shadow throne.

Now the nation's fate rests with a broken Sun Summoner, a disgraced tracker, and the shattered remnants of a once-great magical army.

Deep in an ancient network of tunnels and caverns, a weakened Alina must submit to the dubious protection of the Apparat and the zealots who worship her as a Saint. Yet her plans lie elsewhere, with the hunt for the elusive firebird and the hope that an outlaw prince still survives.

Alina will have to forge new alliances and put aside old rivalries as she and Mal race to find the last of Morozova's amplifiers. But as she begins to unravel the Darkling's secrets, she reveals a past that will forever alter her understanding of the bond they share and the power she wields. The firebird is the one thing that stands between Ravka and destruction—and claiming it could cost Alina the very future she’s fighting for.
 Why am I waiting on it?
This series is incredible! It's one of my newest favorite series from 2013. I read Siege and Storm only a week after Shadow and Bone (reading books of the same series around the same time is rare for me), then posted my reviews together. The series is such a good fantasy one, with great characters, romance, world building, and writing.

If you haven't tried the series yet, read it!

And if you DNFed Shadow and Bone the first time, give it a second try. I did that and ended up loving it!

Previous books in the series:

That's my WoW this week! What's yours?

18 comments:

  1. I also have Ruin & Raising as one of my very much awaited books of the year! Siege and Storm wasn't as good for me as I would have wanted, but I'm still extremely excited for this one! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of the opposite: Siege and Storm was better for me than Shadow and Bone was. :) I have a feeling Ruin and Rising is going to be the best out of the three!

      Delete
  2. YAY Ruin and Rising! I have read the first two books, and really enjoyed both! I definitely cannot wait to pick up this book in June. How will it all end?! Who knows... can't wait! :D

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it ends well. I'm pretty sure it will!

      Delete
  3. I have been saving book 2 to read right before this one comes out and it is getting closer! Great pick! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited and at the same time really nervous about Ruin and Rising. Many trilogies have ended so badly for me lately and I'm praying that this one doesn't end up being disappointing as well.
    I hope you'll love it when it comes out.

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be really sad if Ruin and Rising was a disappointing ending. :( I think it'll be a great conclusion, though!

      Delete
  5. Ohhh, I DNF'D it the first time two (haven't gone back to it, but might try now when I can) hope you enjoy it! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series is worth trying again! Who knows? Maybe you'll enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  6. I'm on the fence about this one. I loved Shadow and Bone, but Siege and Storm wasn't quite as good for me. I'm really hoping the series finishes on a strong note! Love that cover!
    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    Sabrina @ I Heart Y.A. Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the series ends on a strong note too! This is such a good series and I want the cover to be a great one.

      Delete
  7. I need to catch up, I have the first 2 on my shelf but haven't gotten around to them yet but will do before this is released!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have really loved reading your blog and you should definitely post more! I love reading reviews, but then also things that aren't reviews. You do a good mix of both!

    Check out my poem about spring: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/04/how-to-write-poem.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for Ruin and Rising too!!! I finished reading Siege and Storm last year and the wait is so long!!! The cover is awesome, I think the best out of the three!

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.